[BD Mod/Resources] Merser's Sprites & Enhancements V4

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Merser433

[BD Mod/Resources] Merser's Sprites & Enhancements V4

Post by Merser433 »

Heya. This is an addon for *cough* brutal *cough* doom, that i was working on.. sometimes.. for almost half a year now, and.. it's finally done.
It's a really big gameplay mod, which comes with an even bigger pack of sprites for monsters and weapons.
The reason i'm posting it here is not really because i want people to play it(ALTHOU ITZ GUD PLAY EET), but it's more like i want more modders to use the sprites & code i've drew & written.

Feel free to use everything you find in the files, but credit me & people who's sprites mine are based on.
(For example, i made all the monsters myself, but everything (excluding rocket launcher) from weapons sprites are edits of others' sprites)

Download: Mediafire.com

Oke, mod features & screenshots:

Monsters:
  • Absolutely all enemies are now much faster.
  • New imp sprites, based on the ones from DOOM's E3 Demo. Imps are now much faster, and can climb on ceilings.
  • Zombies now have a completely new AI. They now rush at you like real space marines. Real zombie space marines.
  • Zombie sergeants now move & operate their shotgun much faster. Althou it's a bit easier to evade their shots.
  • Revenants now look like the ones from DOOM 4. Their behaviour was redone completely, and they've got 2 new special attacks.
  • Barons of hell now have 2 new special attacks, are much faster and will just make you sh~t bricks everytime you hear them.
  • Arachnotrons now fire charged up plasma bursts.
  • Cacodemons!!!1!111!1 Nothing about them! Just sprites!!!!!!!!
Spoiler: Monster screenshots
Weapons:
  • New sprites, animations & sounds for every weapon in the game.
  • Alternate DOOM skins for super shotgun and rifle.
  • Added strong recoil to rifles, shotguns and plasmaguns.
  • Rifle & plasmagun now have much higher firerate and almost no spread.
  • Minigun has been completely remade and now has dynamic firerate.
  • Replaced plasma rifle's secondary fire. It now fires a giant plasma ball that melts your enemies in a really slow plasma explosion.
  • BFG is now much, muuuch more powerful and uses new ammo.
Spoiler: Weapon screenshots
Other stuff:
  • Setting that completely removes reloading from the game.
  • Completely new player third person animation system, which is 100% clientside. I'll post it in a new thread later.
  • Stompkills? There's a crappy firstperson "glorykill" that plays when you jump on an enemy from above.
  • Slidekicks from Project Brutality, but rewritten. Try crouching while running.
  • Stably working multiplayer.
  • Each weapon has it's own taunting animation! EVN TH CHNSW!!!!!!!!!!
  • also that one thing i absolutely forgot about...... wait......... what was it....
Spoiler: MORE SCREENSHOTS
- Launching
This mod's supposed to be loaded with bdv20 itself. You can get it here.
To play with zandronum, make sure you're using the latest zandronum build (or at least 151228-1140)
Newest gzdoom doesn't work, please use gzdoom 2.2
Modify your autoload in gzdoom-USERNAME.ini/zandronum-USERNAME.ini, so it looks like this:
[Doom.Autoload]
Path=brutalv20b.pk3
Path=Merser_Addon_BrutalDoom.pk3
Path=Merser_Resources_BrutalDoom.pk3
If you want to play with some other mods or maps, make sure the resources package is always loaded last, like here:
[Doom.Autoload]
Path=brutalv20b.pk3
Path=Merser_Addon_BrutalDoom.pk3
Path=hellonearthstarterpack.wad
Path=extratextures.wad
Path=Merser_Resources_BrutalDoom.pk3
- Sprite origins: PM me if i missed someone.
Most of these sprites were heavily edited by me.
Spoiler: Changelog
Moddb page
Last edited by Merser433 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BD Mod/Resources] Merser's Sprites & Enhancements V4

Post by Samarai1000 »

I've used this addon before for BD, and it works well, and I quite like it. However, is there a way to bypass the script error that occurs whenever you load BD with any version of GZdoom that isn't the version packaged with the mod itself? In case you don't know which I'm talking about, it's this one.

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "brutalv20b.pk3:blood.txt" line 610:
Expected ',', got 'l'.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Samarai1000 wrote:I've used this addon before for BD, and it works well, and I quite like it. However, is there a way to bypass the script error that occurs whenever you load BD with any version of GZdoom that isn't the version packaged with the mod itself? In case you don't know which I'm talking about, it's this one.

Expected ',', got 'l'.
Someone needs to go and change the lowercase letter L on line 610 into a number. It's amazing that this error is still here when presumably it's been known about for many months.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

I shown this bug to Sgt_Mark_iv months ago,but he doesn't fixed it yet......
Damn,is a easy error that even a guy who don't know much of coding as me can fix.Here a patch i made time ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ngymwk01m ... +PATCH.rar
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Man that plasma rifle, nnnnngh
Fused

Post by Fused »

wildweasel wrote:
Samarai1000 wrote:I've used this addon before for BD, and it works well, and I quite like it. However, is there a way to bypass the script error that occurs whenever you load BD with any version of GZdoom that isn't the version packaged with the mod itself? In case you don't know which I'm talking about, it's this one.

Expected ',', got 'l'.
Someone needs to go and change the lowercase letter L on line 610 into a number. It's amazing that this error is still here when presumably it's been known about for many months.
Yeah that's fixed. Version 20c should release soon. Silly mistakes.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Very good!

I really liked this add-on. Simple and at he same time, very hard. Well, just some things:

When dual wielding the doom 4 assault rifle, a kick actually shows up the trailblazer rifle as the left one, then it turns out doom 4 again.

Plasma rifle doesn't keep altfire charged, intentional?

How the sliding should be done? I done it, but don't know how. I tried to do it again and didn't worked.

Keep up the good work!
Merser433

Post by Merser433 »

About gzdoom 3.0 error:
Won't i need to edit brutalv20b.pk3 itself to fix it? I should've probably made it a part of the download long time ago anyway..
Well, later.
GAA1992 wrote: When dual wielding the doom 4 assault rifle, a kick actually shows up the trailblazer rifle as the left one, then it turns out doom 4 again.
Quite forgot about dualwielding after i made it disabled by default. Pretty sure dualwielded rifles also don't change when you disable reloading.
GAA1992 wrote: Plasma rifle doesn't keep altfire charged, intentional?
Yup, so there's.. less.. "waiting out".
GAA1992 wrote: How the sliding should be done? I done it, but don't know how. I tried to do it again and didn't worked.
You just need to crouch while sprinting (i.e. you need some speed to do it). That's it.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Merser433 wrote:Won't i need to edit brutalv20b.pk3 itself to fix it? I should've probably made it a part of the download long time ago anyway..
Well, later.
Well, there's always this thing.

Also glad to see v4 has been released. Love how you can adjust the darkness of a map through the options.
Merser433

Post by Merser433 »

Finally added a video.
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

Hi Merser433

I would like to play your mod with GZDoom 3.2.1 x64 because I can play it with software renderer and it runs better on my pc than running it with OpenGL, so I run brutalv20b_R.pk3 (It allows me to use it with gzdoom 3xx) with your addon and your resources and all looks great except because everything is dark and I can not change it.

I can´t see the menu of GZDoom 2.2.0 in which you can change the illumination because this version of your mod is not designed for gzdoom 3xx.

Do you know how can I make the game to look with more lights?

Any command in the console or something?

Thank you in advance.
EnriksD8

Post by EnriksD8 »

Hey man, love the addon. BTW, think you (or someone you know) can update this in case Brutal Doom v21 gets a full release?

EDIT
My Suggestions:

I think the Doom 4 Heavy Assault Rifle sprite (and third-person sprite animations) could be used for the v21 Machinegun (just give it the Micro-Missile mod). It be that one niche between the standard assault rifle and chaingun by having the accuracy of the former and the firepower of the latter, with an added bonus of a mounted grenade launcher.

The SMG in the new Brutal Doom v21 just be done by taking the dual-wielded sprite model, just saying.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Unsure if author is still around, but I am attempting to replicate the sliding mechanics from this project. Any advice? Perhaps some ACS sources?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”