Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kyotra

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [31/10/2017]

Post by Kyotra »

Batandy wrote: New Simon's Destiny stream by Mike, this time he's playing the final build of the game!
Yikes, might want to tone down the sickle spam in that one boss fight.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Kyotra wrote:
Batandy wrote: New Simon's Destiny stream by Mike, this time he's playing the final build of the game!
The fight is tough but not impossible as it may seem,it's actually rather easy compared to the NES one, you just have to understand the scythe pattern.
MoonlightDragon

Post by MoonlightDragon »

Kyotra wrote:
i didnt watch Mikes video because I didnt wanna spoil anything,but im guessing your obviously talking about Death.If you've ever played the original on the NES,you'll know how much of a pain it was not only to kill him,but to just get to him.That infamous hallway with the Axe Knights&Medusa Heads.Then comes the part where you end up fighting Death with what little health you manage to keep...Think of the spastic sickle attack as a tribute to the original's difficulty.lol...and i'm psyched for it.
lazerpipe

Post by lazerpipe »

Does this SImon's Destiny support playing cooperatively with another player over LAN or WAN? Or is there a way to mod it to do so? My friend and I really want to play this together. I know it's not balanced for multiple players, but all the same we'd like to give it a try :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

lazerpipe wrote:Does this SImon's Destiny support playing cooperatively with another player over LAN or WAN? Or is there a way to mod it to do so? My friend and I really want to play this together. I know it's not balanced for multiple players, but all the same we'd like to give it a try :)
It does not work, sorry. The scripts in the levels will break since they are not meant to work with multiple players, and also i didn't set any extra spawnpoints.
Batandy

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [OUT NOW! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!]

Post by Batandy »

A bit of an early release, but eh, whatevs, happy halloween! :)

Download V1.1
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5nmhc9si ... y_v1.1.zip

--------HOW TO INSTALL--------

* Download Gzdoom (Version 3.2.1 or newer) at https://zdoom.org/downloads
* Put Castlevania.ipk3 in the same folder of Gzdoom
* Open Gzdoom and select "Castlevania: Simon's Destiny" in the game window (Make sure video settings below the selection box are set on "Hardware (OpenGL)")
* Play!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
DOWNLOADIN' IT NOW

*ehem* sorry for caps
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

So happy it's released! Thank you! playing it now!
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Sadly I can't do a Video for Halloween on this but I'll add this to this years Doom December also I've been playing on Normal mode and I had a blast......the only nit pick is the fleaman and the bats for the fleaman I think they are a bit too fast to hit but in time I got use to it and the bats I feel like the hit detection is a bit...off I've died a bit because trying to hit the bat is a bit hard. Sides all that this is a great mod looking forward to do this on December. :D
Zeelah

Post by Zeelah »

I'M SO GLAD I DECIDED TO CHECK PREEMPTIVELY
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

FInished Stage 4 on Full Moon(Hard). Here's my thoughts so far(spoiler)
Spoiler:
It's an amazing Halloween gift! I might even consider recording the playthrough video once I'm done with the first run!
Last edited by Toyoch on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tempanon

Post by tempanon »

Blocks appear as "Block Enable 3D Model" and I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. Also, what option menu would I find "Hardware (OpenGL)" under? I've looked under Display Options and Set Video Mode with no luck.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

You credited me for some of the textures, but I didn't see any made by me there. You probably meant the GothicDM team.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Out of curiosity, what purpose does gold serve in this mod?

Also, would it be possible to make the HUD scalable?

Finally, and I know this might sound like heresy, but do you consider adding more ambient noises (e.g. footsteps, wind, fire crackling, wood creaking, etc.) in order to make it more immersive? As much as I love the Castlevania soundtrack, I find it quite distracting here and I cannot help but wish for something more atmospheric.

One more suggestion: could you edit the whip to make it easier to evaluate its attack range? Right now, the weapon looks quite short when you attack and it is rather difficult to tell whether something is in range or not - in part due to the lack of effect when hitting the environment.
Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Thanks for the Halloween gift dude! Just played through on Full Moon difficulty. Very well done, albeit with some minor caveats. That battle with Death was extremely frustrating, due to having almost no hearts and the cross subweapon, but afterwards it was smooth sailing! Lovely job!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”