Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Post by ImpieTwo »

The HORUS terrorist group has just made super-terrorist Victor Baloch its new leader, and they've stolen several nuclear warheads. With the nukes in tow, they've begun holding the world hostage one region at a time.

In response to this, NATO has greenlit a campaign to eradicate HORUS and Victor once and for all, with the Hercules of counter-terrorism Hector Juarez taking point. Operation Body Count is a go.

DOWNLOAD IT!

This is a small side-project, revisiting a previous remake i abandoned a couple years back. It'll be three objective-based, multi-storied missions when it's done. Kill terrorists, rescue hostages, disarm nuclear devices, and save the world from HORUS's ultimate jihad. A remake of the terrible DOS shooter of the same name, in the same spirit as my previous remake, Nerves of Steel.

The full version will also have a PDF with other fun details in it.
Last edited by ImpieTwo on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Operation Body Count [Demo]

Post by Rachael »

Just gave this one a go, definitely worth it. :) And the new mapping techniques you're picking up definitely show, it's well executed and does exactly what it is meant to do. Not hard to fall in love with this one, even if it's only one level, so far. :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Gotta go with Rachael.

I like a lot that you're getting bad games from the past and turning them into some nice shooters.
Korell

Post by Korell »

What happened to your original Operation Body Count download? I still have a copy from when I first downloaded it but I can't see it on your site any longer.

Anyway, just played through this new demo and this was very nice. The whole multi-floor building worked nicely and really felt like you were some kind of SWAT clearing out the terrorists. Just a question, though, are you meant to be able to jump and crouch? Currently I have them set to off but I noticed I couldn't then get behind the reception desks and the bar area to pick up the dropped guns.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Korell wrote:What happened to your original Operation Body Count download? I still have a copy from when I first downloaded it but I can't see it on your site any longer.

Anyway, just played through this new demo and this was very nice. The whole multi-floor building worked nicely and really felt like you were some kind of SWAT clearing out the terrorists. Just a question, though, are you meant to be able to jump and crouch? Currently I have them set to off but I noticed I couldn't then get behind the reception desks and the bar area to pick up the dropped guns.
Crouching no, jumping yes.

I ditched the old version cos it was too far removed from the source material, and the maps were better suited to Project Einherjar (they can be found in episode 2).
Korell

Post by Korell »

ImpieTwo wrote: I ditched the old version cos it was too far removed from the source material, and the maps were better suited to Project Einherjar (they can be found in episode 2).
Ah, in that case, being as the maps are in Project Einherjar episode 2, I'll dump the old mod.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

horus's ultimate jihad

really.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

chronoteeth wrote:horus's ultimate jihad

really.
What? Too pulpy?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

IT BEGINS AGAIN!

https://youtu.be/s11UG_6y4Xg

Incidentally, any plans to adapt any of the original Bodycount enemy sprites or make use of the original soundtrack?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

ImpieTwo wrote:

really.
What? Too pulpy?
less pulpy and more stereotyping/offensive but ykno hahaha its just a joke/meme. yea.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Do you need any help?
I would love to help you with the mapping, I'm liking the concept of this mod/game(except I'm more interested in the terrorists and a little less in the sci-fi part)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Gideon020 wrote:IT BEGINS AGAIN!

https://youtu.be/s11UG_6y4Xg

Incidentally, any plans to adapt any of the original Bodycount enemy sprites or make use of the original soundtrack?
Shit, I missed this post earlier. I have been using the enemy sprites, but my plan to use the obc soundtrack didn't work out because I just didn't care for any of it enough. There's only one CD track that doesn't get annoying, and slightly more midi tracks than that. So I thought I'd go with Amiga music since the first two missions are adapted from Amiga games. Turns out it helps give the mod a bit of an Amiga vibe (I think).
chronoteeth wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:

really.
What? Too pulpy?
less pulpy and more stereotyping/offensive but ykno hahaha its just a joke/meme. yea.
I'll try to be more respectful to ISIS and other middle-eastern terrorist groups next time I parody them, then. After all, they have feelings, too.
Zen3001 wrote:Do you need any help?
I would love to help you with the mapping, I'm liking the concept of this mod/game(except I'm more interested in the terrorists and a little less in the sci-fi part)
Actually once I finished the initial three missions I was hoping to talk people into submitting user missions or something along those lines. Have you submitted any maps to the doom community? Message me with links!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

As a suggestion, perhaps use the Rise Of The Triad flamedeath for the flamethrower weapon and the Nuke Launcher?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Gideon020 wrote:As a suggestion, perhaps use the Rise Of The Triad flamedeath for the flamethrower weapon and the Nuke Launcher?
I'm gonna use some kind of flame death animation, I just dunno if I want to go that goofy with it.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

ImpieTwo wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:As a suggestion, perhaps use the Rise Of The Triad flamedeath for the flamethrower weapon and the Nuke Launcher?
I'm gonna use some kind of flame death animation, I just dunno if I want to go that goofy with it.
If you remove the xylophone riff, it actually looks quite morbid.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”