[INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Re: Doomzone Mod

Post by SiFi270 »

I've been a really big fan of this since I discovered it a few months ago, but one little thing I recently noticed is that the Samurai class has unlimited shuriken, while the Slipgater's blaster has a limited number of shots. I feel like that should be the other way around, because it would better match the games each of those weapons is from, but like I said, that's just a small thing. No bigger issues come to mind at the moment.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I fucking loved Killzone 1 and 2. tagged as fuck
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Heh, I've played this a bunch before in ModDB! Good thing it's here now, keep up all the noice work!
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Man, i loved the Killzone games back then from 2 to Shadow Fall (never played the first one and Mercenary).

Also, add some more weapons from Shadow Fall and Mercenary, like the Sickle, Vlug, Keyzer, Rumbler, the Punt (Railgun Pistol), LS12 SMG, The Fors (The single-shot anti-material rifle), Kameraad, StA-7 SMG, the Valk, StA4 Stova, StA-2 Battle Pistol (missing the Grenade Pistol)and the PnV6 Voltage
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I've uploaded a fix for the "unexpected end of file" issue. Apparently, SLADE doesn't like lumps that are past a certain length if you're editing them, but importing them is okay. Lesson learned.

See OP for download link.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I can't see a new upload for the unexpected end of file fix. The file on ModDB still says Oct 14th and the timestamps of the files inside the pk3 from silentzora's website don't have anything from today. Am I missing something?

The only other thing I've noticed is that when I use Doomzone there seems to be some kind of minor frame stutter. VID_FPS 1 shows a steady 200 FPS, or steady 60 FPS if I turn on vsync, so it's not really the framerate itself, so it must be something else, and I've only noticed it with Doomzone. It's most noticeable if I am running, strafing and turning at the same time. I can't remember if v1.6.2 had this same issue.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I guess it would help if I actually remembered to upload the file, lol. The broken upload only really affects the ModDB listing, but I went and uploaded it to Zorasoft anyway. Have not updated the timestamp on the download page, but it *is* there.

Don't know much about the framerate issue, but if you're still getting 60 FPS, I don't see an issue.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

So your finally uploading your mods here or just this one?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Just this one. Right now, this is the only one I'm working on. If I ever work on the others I had in the pipeline, I might upload those here too.
Korell

Post by Korell »

silentzora wrote:I guess it would help if I actually remembered to upload the file, lol. The broken upload only really affects the ModDB listing, but I went and uploaded it to Zorasoft anyway. Have not updated the timestamp on the download page, but it *is* there.

Don't know much about the framerate issue, but if you're still getting 60 FPS, I don't see an issue.
Ah, so being as I got it from Zorasoft I should have the up to date one anyway. I can confirm that the ModDB page is now showing the latest version, too.

Yeah, the "framerate" issue is an odd one. If I play No End In Sight then it is very noticeable when moving and turning at the same time. It is by no means unplayable, but it is definitely noticeably lacking in smoothness. If I stand still and turn it is fine, if I just move and not turn it is fine, but when doing both at the same time that slight jerkiness comes back. Framerate remains maxed out though.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

If I play No End In Sight then it is very noticeable when moving and turning at the same time.
I'm pretty sure that's from Nash's movement viewtilt thing.

@silentzora
I see you're using QTilt in the mod.
I recommend updating to Tilt++, as it's newer, better coded, has customization options and has additional viewtilt types.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

phantombeta wrote:@silentzora
I see you're using QTilt in the mod.
I recommend updating to Tilt++, as it's newer, better coded, has customization options and has additional viewtilt types.
I'll look into it, should be fun.
Korell

Post by Korell »

phantombeta wrote:
If I play No End In Sight then it is very noticeable when moving and turning at the same time.
I'm pretty sure that's from Nash's movement viewtilt thing.
I just tried removing the WAD that contains Nash's view tilting (dzmod5.WAD within the Doomzone.pk3) and now I don't get that jittering when moving and turning at the same time, so yes, it looks like you are right.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

Nice to see Doomzone is getting a thread on the ZDoom forums. :)

I've found an issue with the Slipgater's Axe when you have the Berserk powerup. Normally, the axe swings just fine, but when Berserk is active, the Axe just does an awkward swing then lowering animation and doesn't actually make a Puff for when you hit a wall or enemy.

Digging into the code for the Axe, it seems as though the issue causing it is from the A_JumpIfInventory line used to determine if the player has a Berserk. I've tried to tweak how many frames it skips to see if that's the problem, but I've gotten nowhere.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

epiccolton26 wrote:Nice to see Doomzone is getting a thread on the ZDoom forums. :)

I've found an issue with the Slipgater's Axe when you have the Berserk powerup. Normally, the axe swings just fine, but when Berserk is active, the Axe just does an awkward swing then lowering animation and doesn't actually make a Puff for when you hit a wall or enemy.

Digging into the code for the Axe, it seems as though the issue causing it is from the A_JumpIfInventory line used to determine if the player has a Berserk. I've tried to tweak how many frames it skips to see if that's the problem, but I've gotten nowhere.
I've fixed this in the current download. Matter of fact, it's actually what I was trying to fix before SLADE went nuts on me and borked the Decorate file. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”