GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Gutawer
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Gutawer »

abbuw - not related to your issue, but how the hell did you get GZDB into a dark theme?! Is there some setting I've been missing the whole time...?
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Gutawer wrote:abbuw - not related to your issue, but how the hell did you get GZDB into a dark theme?! Is there some setting I've been missing the whole time...?
There's no secret setting, it's a custom Windows 10 theme.
Gutawer

Post by Gutawer »

Ah, okay.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

What's the difference between "-NOFLAT-" and just "-"? If I wanted to make the default textures for all maps be the missing texture, which one do I use because the editor uses just a single dash to represent no texture.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

-NOFLAT- is the checkerboard texture that GZDoom uses when you have a missing texture.
printz

Post by printz »

Rachael wrote:
printz wrote:We're the majority who consider that the default textures are fine. So make it an opt-in feature, not opt-out.
It's already opt-in. And where did you get the idea you're in the "majority"?
The Doomworld poll you linked to.

And a default floor texture to make people happy is FLAT20, as it is normally only used for door bottoms and looks very plain otherwise. For walls just use DOORTRAK as it looks equally silly. Nobody would use those textures for long walls.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That poll has nothing to do with the actual idea of changing the defaults to -NOFLAT- which - I am sorry to say, you appear to be the only one so far not in support of.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Is it me, or does GZDoombuilder not highlight/show what the errors are for script compilation anymore?
Sarah
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Post by Sarah »

Major Cooke wrote:Is it me, or does GZDoombuilder not highlight/show what the errors are for script compilation anymore?
I had the same issue a while back. I found that the error panel was collapsed and just needed dragged back into view.
Nash

Post by Nash »

+1 for that collapsed error panel annoyance. This has been bugging me forever but for now, I am not mapping enough yet so I didn't post about it... :S
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

GZDBBF doesn't seem to like DoomEDNums or GLDefs attached to ZScript actors for me:

Code: Select all

Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1300 = lightsource64": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1301 = lightsourceceiling64": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1302 = lightsource128": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1303 = lightsourceceiling128": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1304 = lightsource256": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1305 = lightsourceceiling256": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1306 = lightsourceceilingbus": failed to find corresponding actor class...
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 19. DECORATE class "LightSource64" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 23. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling64" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 27. DECORATE class "LightSource128" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 31. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling128" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 35. DECORATE class "LightSource256" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 39. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling256" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 43. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeilingBus" does not exist.
Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
Zergeant

Post by Zergeant »

kevansevans wrote:GZDBBF doesn't seem to like DoomEDNums or GLDefs attached to ZScript actors for me
Same for me, I had it working before a long time ago but now it's given up for some reason.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

1. default textures — this is game configuration specific, and I can put -NOFLAT- in ZDoom/GZDoom configurations. Not Boom, ZDaemon and stuff like that, though.
The main reason for this being that for relatively recent ZDoom derivatives I can be 100% sure that it's present in that wad, and that it will function properly, while in other ports it's either not supported to have flats on walls (ZDaemon) or -NOFLAT- is not present altogether (everything else).

2. not found light sources — Is gzdoom.pk3 included in GZDB?

3. subtractive lights and everything being black afterwards — going to fix it really soon. (edit: fixed in R2991)
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

How the hell do I make it so GZDoom Builder always shows textures starting by the letter you enter into the filter box when applying textures? Sometimes it automatically works, sometimes it instead shows me every texture with the letter in it.

For example, I want to be able to press the letter "S" and have the texture window start at the first texture that begins with the letter "S." Sometimes it does that, sometimes it doesn't and I still have to scroll down past in-use textures and a bunch of others with an S in it but not starting with S.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

It always shows textures that have the pattern in them. It never shows textures that START with the pattern. If you think it does, it's an illusion.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”