Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: Smooth Doom (SOME SHIT IS FIXED!)

Post by Someone64 »

Not sure if this was an issue before but Spectres don't gib from the SSG anymore.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

three things:

1. The Shotgunguy ejects shells prematurely; a couple of frames before actually pumping the shotgun
2. The pistol muzzle flash is not aligned properly with the rest of the gun sprite when using black gloves
3. I can't seem to access the smooth doom options menu. I'm using Gzdoom v3.2.0. Am I missing something?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Regarding the menu problem: I suggest that the menu is added through the AddOptionMenu block. There's an example of how it can be done on the [wiki]MENUDEF[/wiki] page.
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

The Dropbox and "DOWNLOAD ME" links are two different filesizes. The 10/10/2017 DOWNLOAD ME link version does not work in Zandronum, unfortunately.
Korell

Post by Korell »

∞Phantasm wrote:The Dropbox and "DOWNLOAD ME" links are two different filesizes. The 10/10/2017 DOWNLOAD ME link version does not work in Zandronum, unfortunately.
Yep, I just noticed that too. I think the Dropbox one is currently the latest version as the Download Me one looks like the one from the day before, prior to the rifle fix, as the post that mentions this fix also mentions the Dropbox link being updated.
dzg

Post by dzg »

Korell wrote: Yep, I just noticed that too. I think the Dropbox one is currently the latest version as the Download Me one looks like the one from the day before, prior to the rifle fix, as the post that mentions this fix also mentions the Dropbox link being updated.
I don't think so. The DOWNLOAD ME link has files created on October 10th while the dropbox link has files created on January 20th.

Also got a small problem, I can't get the latest one to work with GZdoom 2.1.1 while the previous version works.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am currently playing High Noon Drifter with SmoothDoom-MonstersOnly and whenever I blow enemies up, I get the following error message:

p_starscript: unknown script "gib toggle"
Korell

Post by Korell »

dzg wrote:
Korell wrote: Yep, I just noticed that too. I think the Dropbox one is currently the latest version as the Download Me one looks like the one from the day before, prior to the rifle fix, as the post that mentions this fix also mentions the Dropbox link being updated.
I don't think so. The DOWNLOAD ME link has files created on October 10th while the dropbox link has files created on January 20th.

Also got a small problem, I can't get the latest one to work with GZdoom 2.1.1 while the previous version works.
Well, the one on the Download Me link is indeed dated October 10th and is the one with the broken rifle (it's only visible when you are firing it). That one has a filesize of 7.76 MB whilst the one on the Dropbox link is 8.12 MB and has a rifle that isn't invisible unless it is firing. I can't see a date on the Dropbox link file, though, maybe because I don't have a Dropbox account, all I see is a download option.
dzg

Post by dzg »

Korell wrote: Well, the one on the Download Me link is indeed dated October 10th and is the one with the broken rifle (it's only visible when you are firing it). That one has a filesize of 7.76 MB whilst the one on the Dropbox link is 8.12 MB and has a rifle that isn't invisible unless it is firing. I can't see a date on the Dropbox link file, though, maybe because I don't have a Dropbox account, all I see is a download option.
I can't see the date in dropbox either. When you download the .pk3 and open it in 7z it shows you the dates the files were modified. It also makes sense it's larger since the author said he removed some skins from the new version.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

I'm super dumb, I updated the mediafire link but not only did I forget to update the secondary mirror, I forgot that I switched from Dropbox to Google Drive several months ago. ALL links are now updated with the latest version (this is what I get for trying to make updates on the road without time to test properly :P). Speaking of, I made some small fixes:

fixes:
-fixed spectre not being gibbed by the SSG

changes:
-added proper pickup message to the Rifle
-changed options menu to "addmenuoption" format
lwks

Post by lwks »

Can we have Colorfull Hell compatibility patch pretty please? :3: :3: :3:
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Here's something which hopefully will be finished soon:

I'd like to go back eventually and redo a lot of the monster animations, some of them are very old and poorly done and I can definitely do a better job now.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Cool! Did you create a 3D model or is that all just skillful spriting?
nowheredan

Post by nowheredan »

I can't boot this new version for some reason

pic related shows up

EDIT: the same thing happens with the "monster only" version, but on line 87
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Use GZDoom. ZDoom is old and isn't developed anymore.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”