Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dude27th

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - THE VAULT DOOR OPENS

Post by Dude27th »

Vostyok wrote:Hey, thanks buddy! Do you mind if I link that file on the front page? It would be a nice extra!

The MRF_SETTRANSLATION was for the purpose of the Bike, since it doesn't take TeamColor into account otherwise. Unless you are playing COOP or deathmatch with my mod though (unlikely, since I haven't tested these yet), it probably has no bearing on gameplay.

A_fireprojectile was just for the flamer function of the Master Blaster. I can't remember why I changed that. Something minor anyway.

I doubt your changes seriously impact the game. Thanks for the help, and thanks for playing :)
Sure , no problem ! :D
Thanks to you!
TDG

Post by TDG »

I have just played the demo of this WIP.
The map design is in general very well done and you/your team have also done a very good effort on the PA theme.

Perhaps I should write an article for it on No Mutants Allowed as the forum members there would probably be very interested in a Doom mod like this even if it is more straight forward action compared to Fallout New Vegas.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Haha oh awesome! I used to visit you guys funnily enough when I used to mess around with Fallout 2/ Tactics.

I certainly wouldn't mind that :D
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - 1.9-Compat Demo on front page

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I must have replayed those two demo levels at least a dozen times in the last few days. I hope the rest of the project turns out just as good, if not better! :D
Caleb26

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - 1.9-Compat Demo on front page

Post by Caleb26 »

I'm currently working on my Heretic project "Masters of Chaos - The Extended Director's Cut v1.2" But i'd love to make some maps for Ashes 2063 Tc if I'll find time. Right now time is definitely not on my side. Who knows maybe I'll just make some kind of DLC maps / new stories ect after you'll finish your tc. I just love how you've managed to capture 80s sci fi feel.
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - NEW POLL ON FRONT PAGE. READ

Post by Vostyok »

@ caleb26. Hey, feel free pal. I got some cool ideas involving any random maps people send me. But that's a classified project for now. ;)

edit: Everyone, I want to know your feelings on mod compatibility. Obviously, the Ashes maps will contain motorcycle sections and towns/trading. I want to know your thoughts on the matter. Read the poll. Vote. That is all.
RUNSABER

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - New Poll on front page. Read.

Post by RUNSABER »

I havent voted just yet, but it would make sense and overall contribute to your creation to have a proper set of maps for the mod. Ashes from what I've been following in a TOTAL CONVERSION. This game is a thing in it's own, and if people want it for gameplay, they can find appreciation with DoomRL and other compilations such as Epic. I would like to see a world catered to your story and creation, all of the extra considerations would stray away from Ashes, and require you more time to complete the project. If you can, keep it simple and map only for Ashes. Cheers!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just gave my voting, and loved the Fallout section HAHAHAHA
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Lol. Someone's voting for it. (sigh).

Thanks for the input, Runsaber. Good point there.

If you guys don't mind losing your anonymous vote by speaking out, I wouldn't mind hearing your views on why. You don't have to of course.

It shouldn't make much difference, anyway. I'm already most of the way through map03, the first town. I'll post some screenshots and/or a video when it looks pretty.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

I prefer the idea of having the maps be generally compatible with gameplay mods simply because... that's just really cool? I'll admit I have no higher ideal here driving my reasoning, I just wanna be able to run through a post-apocalyptic mapset with other mods, that's all. In particular High Noon Drifter sounds like an amazing thing to run through this with~
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I just want leave as it is because it's still fun and challenging to play without trying any weapon/obviously burtul mods. Except some maps that you have to ride a motorbike is a bit uncomfortable, though.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I like separate things so you wouldn't take all your time making compatibility patches.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

GAA1992 wrote:I like separate things so you wouldn't take all your time making compatibility patches.
That is a good point actually, you'd probably save a lot of time in the long run just making it generally compatible now rather than making compatibility patches for a bunch of popular mods in the future. Not that you're under any obligation to do so, but if anyone is gonna do it I figure it'd be you.
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

I just went through the second demo. A lot of effort clearly went into this, and the result is nothing short of amazing. Terrific narration, sprites, textures and music. The guns feel very satisfying to use, and exploring the ruined buildings was a real blast. Plenty of intreresting details everywhere. I'm sure that the health and safety inspection team wouldn't approve of the mutant's cooking skills, but at least they boil their food thoroughly!

However, the levels may be a bit on the easy side, since I was able to complete the demo without breaking a sweat on the hardest difficulty on the first try. Health was abundant, and I always had enough ammo for at least one weapon, so I didn't need to resort to crowbar violence other than to try it out a few times. - Then again, I play cautiously, and I am quite adept at scrounging and making my shots count, so take it as you will.

At any rate, the first demo was much harder, if I recall correctly.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, I cheated a bit on the first demo. A lot of the monsters had been boosted up to serious levels. Shotgun mutants could blow you away in two or three shots, ammo capacity was much smaller and weapons were less accurate. Even the basic zombieman equivalent had the same health as a regular doom imp, which drained resources surprisingly quickly in large quantities.

I think I'll work on monster placement a bit more, especially for the harder difficulties. Obviously the first level should be somewhat easy, as it is an opportunity for the player to 'learn' Ashes, even if the gameplay is somewhat similar to vanilla doom. But yeah, hard difficulty needs to be more of a challenge.

I'll work on it for the main release. Maybe some more ambushes and crossfires needed. I'm pretty sure I can make it harder without simply filling the map with mutants.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”