Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - THE VAULT DOOR OPENS

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Out of curiosity, is the Pistol Bandit sprite based off Shadow Warrior's Evil Ninja? They look somehow similar.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

It's an edit, but yes. I want to do some more to him like I did the shotgun bandits.

Edit: Caleb26 thanks buddy. I will look at these later and have a think about this.

By the way. I'll probably start using the Youtube Channel (imaginitively titled: Vostyok) to show a diary of level progress. No more long dark periods of development (insert "determined stare" smilie here)
Last edited by Vostyok on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Oh, it is not a problem. The sprite just felt familiar and I was wondering where I had seen it before.

Unrelated: is it possible to get 100% items and kills in Demo Level 2? I played it twice, getting all the secrets, yet I could not get everything.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Did you check inside the garage outside the radio station? There used to be an ambush there but I changed it and it's not vdry obvious.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I did not even realise the closed door could be opened and was not part of the environment. I had to noclip through the boss arena door in order to revisit that area.

Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the epilogue screen is missing a period after "I WOULD RISK BRINGING RUIN TO ALL".
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yes. I already noticed that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had my celebration drink before uploading.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

I noticed some weird texture issues on the stairs in the tutorial level, is this due to use of portals?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Comet1337 already noticed that. Lol. It's because I forgot to give them a texture. Haha
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Vostyok wrote:maybe an Eight-legged-freaks flavor apocalypse for the Aracnocide mod hehehe.
I approve the idea by a LOT!

I'll get to work more things in Aracnocide, i just need to stop being so lazy.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

I would very much love for the mod to remain split down the middle, with the weapons and stuff in one file and the maps and special scripting in the other. Especially if you eventually have a full bestiary so it can replace the typical Doom line-up. There's a lot of mapsets I feel it would work well with thematically, and there's no real established post-apocalyptic type mod that's just a gameplay mod out there, as far as I'm aware.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:Single shots, they will both be the same. The Glock should have slightly greater spread when auto-firing though. I will test this again. Slightly.
Eyup, that's the issue i was talking about. Maybe make the difference a bit visible?
I can change this to ".45 bullets" and "9mm bullets" I guess. Or just Heavy Bullets and Light Bullets. Hmm...
Any extra sentence that describes more would help.
Sorry, I play with guns all the time so I get used to calling them by their first names. Haha. Does anyone else find this confusing? Let me know.
Maybe not so confusing. But still we can't get rid of an empty feeling by seeing their incomplete-ish name. Well, whatever.
I can speed it up. The fuse sound is still annoying me. I'll try to fix it.
You can try A_Stopsound for the Death sequence, though!
This is just a side-effect of the ammo system. When I make it just have primary ammo, the weapon won't auto switch on empty. The secondary ammo is just a copy of the first, you aren't really
using two bombs. I will try and figure out a work-around.
I see. But it would be nice if planted bomb sprite has reasonable look why it spends two ammo. Like two bombs connected with a wire.

And yeah, i think i can help with some sound replacement. Since i've helped someone sharing some sound effects. And thanks for the reply!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Regarding the easily-missed garage, I would suggest either making it a secret area or opening it up in order to make it more obvious to the player.

Oh, and spotted another typo: "Fuel Cannister"

Finally, when I play the mod in Doom mapsets, I noticed the Spectre version of the Cannibal enemy is not only bigger than its default counterpart but it sounds like a generic Doom demon. Furthermore, until you come up with replacements for the Plasma Rifle and the BFG, I suggest replacing them with available Ashes weapons.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I was going to switch around that whole area anyways. Since you guys would probably like another surprise in next release heh heh heh

Oh and thanks. Didn't notice that one.

Edit: they aren't meant to be standalone at this point. So the spectre is a bit broken. Don't feed the nightkin. And that'll get fixed in full version.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

I started to watch a video about this mod yesterday and I had to stop watching and play it by myself , it's incredible :D !

It has the badass music, the action of the 90's fps games , some nice interactivity in the levels , it feels just like I was playing an obscure and great Build engine game and I loved it ! :3

Also I noticed that it wasn't compatible with the 1.9 version of GZDoom , and as I do with some mods I checked with slade why, and for my surprise , excluding a couple of things it is compatible ! :D

So I made a compatible version:
https://mega.nz/#!6JVnBb6b!xIUSSnln9sIG ... UVgkaoEhT0

The only changes are:
- The "PowerMorph.Style: MRF_SETTRANSlATION" had to be removed
- And some lines with the A_FireProjectile function had to be replaced with A_FireCustomMissile

All the rest is intact, I post the link here in case that someone had problems running some versions of GZDoom after the 1.9
And again this game is amazing :D I really hope that you get the help that you need to complete this !
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Hey, thanks buddy! Do you mind if I link that file on the front page? It would be a nice extra!

The MRF_SETTRANSLATION was for the purpose of the Bike, since it doesn't take TeamColor into account otherwise. Unless you are playing COOP or deathmatch with my mod though (unlikely, since I haven't tested these yet), it probably has no bearing on gameplay.

A_fireprojectile was just for the flamer function of the Master Blaster. I can't remember why I changed that. Something minor anyway.

I doubt your changes seriously impact the game. Thanks for the help, and thanks for playing :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”