[Developer Needed] [WIP] [Alpha] Dishonored

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Accensus

[Developer Needed] [WIP] [Alpha] Dishonored

Post by Accensus »

---DOWNLOADS---
Stable - OUT OF ORDER
Development (May contain traces of bugs or bugs.)

Dishonored is a mod for (G)ZDoom which takes elements from the game of the same name and mixes them with Doom.
Spoiler: Videos. Caution: may contain outdated material!
Spoiler: F.A.Q
Spoiler: Credits
Accensus

Re: [WIP] [Alpha] Dishonored

Post by Accensus »

Time to doublepost!

Here's is a short sample video with non-placeholder assets. Please excuse the lag, which happens for whatever reason.

There would be a lot more to come. Unlike the last two failed "releases" (one version didn't even get released at all), this one has started with a clear goal and better developer skills. I learned a lot of things along the way, so hopefully that knowledge would be put to good use in this project.

Like I mentioned in the Dishonored [Lite] thread, I won't tell about the plans, because nothing is certain when it comes to features. They might or might not get implemented. There is definitely a lot of stuff planned, but with university and 2 other projects creeping up on me, that might take some time. One thing's sure, though, and it's that this mod will see the light of day in all its glory. All in due time. Not to mention Git makes me a lot more motivated to work on it, since the main stopper for me in the past was compiling release packages. Yuck.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

oh man I've been on a bit of a Dishonored kick these last few days - definitely looking forward to the finished product.

Only thing I could mention is the pistol sounds a bit wimpy - it needs more oomf. I think in Dishonored the pistol actually mixes several sounds together
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Hm, been a while since I played the game. Gonna launch it up tomorrow to check the pistol fire. (Current sound is extracted from the game, for the record, so it's legit, lol.) I believe the extra sounds you mentioned might have come from the spread shots hitting objects around you. Will see what I can do.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

I am glad to see you were able to get this mod back on track due to seeing as your last attempts were not... smooth. Everytime I've heard you mention its cancellation and seeing footage of it made me feel sad seeing it was not to be, but now... God damn it yes, you have my support, Lewdic! I know you will do it!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thanks for the support, Soul! Expect updates soon. :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Code: Select all

- Added Devouring Swarm.
- Slightly improved spread shot impact and added decals. Currently just BulletChip.
- Changed crosshair.
- Added spread to pistol tracer.
- Slightly improved pistol fire sound. I can't seem to find the right mix of sounds used in the original game. Pistol still sounds a bit wimpy.
Updated some more. Gonna leave Windblast for some other time. One part of it is coded, but would need improvement. Not sure if it's even worth the effort tbh. Unlike in Dishonored, Windblast in Doom would hardly be of any use.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

I will be honest, Windblast may be all but useless. But I guess as seeing that a new build is out... It's may be time to try it.... And the blink crashed my game.

(Note: I am using QZDoom 1.4 so that may be why.)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It's useless for several reasons:
A) Windblast hits enemies directly ahead of you. Doom is a game where you get swarmed.
B) Windblast throws enemies back and disables them temporarily (unless it kills them). To do that in Doom I'd likely have to redefine monsters' behaviour, which is beyond the scope of this mod. (I do want to make it monster mod compatible. For now, at least.)
C) Windblast shatters doors. You can't shatter doors in Doom.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Well, this took longer than I thought. The update's barely anything major, but it's a step. Props to Shadelight for the idea of adding a customization menu. For now the menu is pretty poor in options, though. The most that would be added at this point is elixir speed (lower priority) and ammunition quantity. Both are commented out right now with the exception of the ammo quantity CVAR. It's useless in its current state and can only be changed via console. Usability will be implemented fairly soon.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Triple-posting(?) with update.

Code: Select all

- Added ammo pickup. It replaces all other ammo items on the map with the exception of dropped ammo. Those are simply removed.
- Enabled the use of ammunition quantity customization.
This will likely be the last update for a while, unless I find time to figure out what to do next and implement it.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

In defence of windblast, I think it could actually be useful if it worked similar to the Disc of Repulsion artifact from Hexen. It could be useful to deflect projectiles or blast swarms of monsters out of the way.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

What's bugging me the most about windblast are the effects. Recreating its effect is damn difficult with sprites. Particles aren't any better, either.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Mikk- wrote:In defence of windblast, I think it could actually be useful if it worked similar to the Disc of Repulsion artifact from Hexen. It could be useful to deflect projectiles or blast swarms of monsters out of the way.
This is a rather novel way of doing this! I only thought in the sense of enemies, but I guess this move could see some true use in slaughter maps and such! Also, keep up the great work Lud!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

That was my first idea, because it's how Windblast works in the first place. Like I said, the hard part is making it not fugly. Gotta think about how to implement it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”