Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:Are you considering supports Strife IWAD(not sure about Heretic/Hexen, doesn't fit well with the lore of this mod)? :3:
Actually, i thought about that. But soon enough, my friend!
Minor Edit: Not sure if poor Eilidh still scream when in XDeath state, yeah I know it still some games did that(like RotT classic), but I'm sure Doomguy doesn't when he got gibbed.
Intentional. Inspired by RotT's Gib scream. Call me crazy, but it pretty sounded comical to my ears.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Actually, i thought about that. But soon enough, my friend!
Good to heard that. :)
Captain J wrote: Intentional. Inspired by RotT's Gib scream. Call me crazy, but it pretty sounded comical to my ears.
Okay, as a fan of RotT I actually like this, just make sure it's not bug or something, so its fine. :mrgreen:
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

Hi,

I like your mod, I think it adds a interesting way of playing Doom with the "you-can-have-only-six-weapons" system, and I also like the "simple" graphics, I think it is very well made and looks great. I also like the weapons and the sounds.

Is there any way I can play this with only the graphics for the "doomgirl", the weapons and the map? I mean, all "paint" looking, but without the monters, that way I could put other monsters mods.

Thank you for sharing your mod!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

GRUARRR wrote:Is there any way I can play this with only the graphics for the "doomgirl", the weapons and the map? I mean, all "paint" looking, but without the monters, that way I could put other monsters mods.
I have no interests in making mspaint-styled maps nor vanilla monsters for this mod except netronian ones, i'm afraid to say.

If anyone wants to donate their mutators or map wads for this mod, be my guest. And thanks for playing!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

It is possible and fun. :biggrin:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Heh... Wow. Now that is funniest way to play Chex Quest there!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:I have no interests in making mspaint-styled maps nor vanilla monsters for this mod except netronian ones, i'm afraid to say.
Sounds like this mod would have some official(?) Netronian-theme maps&monsters? Wow...sounds great! :p

Also, any workarounds for users using non-widescreen resolution with the custom HUD? My default ini using 800x600 and the custom HUD's bombs part just invisible. Then I have other brand new ini with 1920x1080 and I can see the bombs part.

Minor question/suggests: I noticed when using Chasecam, and I wondering about where is weapon when Eilidh's get killed, judging from her sprite, it just disappeared?!
Also, are you considering about make a crouch sprite set like the ZDooM's crouching Doomguy(PLYC**, you can found them in zd_extra.pk3\sprites\plyc\)? I think it would be nice small addition. But if you don't want then it's fine. :)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

just cuz the new 4 round burst smg reminded me of a certain sci-fi burst gun that shoots best in short, controlled bursts i did a lil tweak

that and now all the guns have a different color scheme, no 2 have a similar main color now
Attachments
ERFFF0.png
ERFFF0.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oooh... Yeah. I have thought it's same as Machine Carbine. Gotta love my realism when it makes something the same and confusing.

So, thanks for the recoloring and editing. I'll add this to the SpessAk Mutator soon!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaand just updated. Check out the first post and thanks a ton!
Cardboard Marty

Post by Cardboard Marty »

This is absolutely incredible! The animations are solid, the guns feel amazing, and overall I'm having a blast playing it! Great job and I can't wait to see more in the future!
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

i think there might be a little problem with ammo balance.
especially in wads where ammo is sparse, the player might be given ammo from the weapon he doesn't currently have. This makes pistol starts frustrating
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I can't help with Randomspawner because it does drops randomly. So it could be your bane or savior in the game. So when there's tons of ammo that you can't use, try to drop your current weapon and pickup the other weapon that uses different ammo.
Cardboard Marty wrote:This is absolutely incredible! The animations are solid, the guns feel amazing, and overall I'm having a blast playing it! Great job and I can't wait to see more in the future!
Eeey, finally! Thank you so much for playing my mod and hope you enjoyed a lot. Because there'll be more!
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

Captain J wrote:
GRUARRR wrote:Is there any way I can play this with only the graphics for the "doomgirl", the weapons and the map? I mean, all "paint" looking, but without the monters, that way I could put other monsters mods.
I have no interests in making mspaint-styled maps nor vanilla monsters for this mod except netronian ones, i'm afraid to say.

If anyone wants to donate their mutators or map wads for this mod, be my guest. And thanks for playing!
Okey, It´s fine then that way. I´m enjoying a lot your mod! The Ice grenade launcher reminds me of the classic resident evils ice grenade launcher, it´s very cool.

I have a question, I see an icon in the taskbar that looks like a grenade or a rocket and I can have a maximun of 6 I think. This icon means that I have grenades? How can I launch them?
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

GRUARRR wrote: I have a question, I see an icon in the taskbar that looks like a grenade or a rocket and I can have a maximun of 6 I think. This icon means that I have grenades? How can I launch them?
It can be fired with Alt. fire of PDA, but I'm not sure what's that...shocking grenade or something like that? :3:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”