Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomenator

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by Doomenator »

Wivicer wrote:You'll notice that the HUD on your map says "6 slots full!"

You can only carry 6 weapons. If you want to pick up another one, you have to drop one of the guns you have.
In the first case, the weapon is not pick up even if you throw out everything. But in the second case, such a weapon already existed and it could pick up after a few shots and reload. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I have no idea, but i can pickup some weapons despite i dropped all of them. And you can't cancel nor drop during the reload animation, sadly. Because this mod requires fast-paced gameplay.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alright. Friendly Greens Mutator have been updated. Now you can see the text replacements! Check out the First Post.

EDIT: Also added the loading sequence many thanks to TheZombieKiller for the code and Enjay for the help! Please, Enjoy-
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:Alright. Friendly Greens Mutator have been updated. Now you can see the text replacements! Check out the First Post.

EDIT: Also added the loading sequence many thanks to TheZombieKiller for the code and Enjay for the help! Please, Enjoy-
Is there any change to the main mod in regards to Chex Quest or are you saying I need to load Friendly Greens as well for everything to work right?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Okay, i made this a bit confusing. I mean, yes. I updated both files. But in regular sequence.

First, i updated Friendly Greens Mutator with episode/intermission text replacements. And then i updated the main mod with fancy loading screen and sounds after i updated Friendly Green.

So yeah, if you want to play this mod with Chex Quest, you'll need both files.
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

The main mod have once again, Updated. But not much; I finally removed crosshair during scope-zooming and made footstep sounds less-quiet.

I'm about to change the version number when updating A LOT!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I made a short little test video of your mod in action along with adding a modified version of my Lizard Squad mod, my texture pack (although it's really hard to tell if it's enabled since the majority of the map I'm using has its own textures) and a mapset called D2RA. I might end up redoing a different video in the future.

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Lizard Squad meets Netronian Chaos!... Heck, i finally waited for this moment. And yeah, thank you so much for your video and i'm seeing more people playing and uploading gameplay videos.

I'm so much glad! :D
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I was mostly concentrating on finding maps that had that pile-bunker weapon. Did you notice the little change I made to it? :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Eyup! I can see it! Pile Banger Glove is very awesome weapon to punch with, after all!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I've found that the PDA, despite being weaker than the Machine-Carbine and Burst SMG, is much harder to find than the other two. Also, I feel like there should be perhaps another weapon that makes use of either the EMP bolts or the 12.7mm HE rounds.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

SMGs including PDA are all included in SSG Spawner. So it might be very rare to see it, but you'll eventually find it along with other unique weapons. And yes, it looks weaker as you think. However it deals 8 Damage per shot, unlike other SMGs and slightly accurate than Burst SMG. And you can use EMP Bolts in sticky situations as well.

And speaking of 12.7mm rounds, there it is; Heavy Vulcan. You can waste your ammo anytime you want once you find it.

EDIT: Yes, i know EMP bolt needs to be spent. So i thought something like grenade pistol... But i found it nonsensical and would make PDA a bit useless.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:SMGs including PDA are all included in SSG Spawner. So it might be very rare to see it, but you'll eventually find it along with other unique weapons. And yes, it looks weaker as you think. However it deals 8 Damage per shot, unlike other SMGs and slightly accurate than Burst SMG. And you can use EMP Bolts in sticky situations as well.

And speaking of 12.7mm rounds, there it is; Heavy Vulcan. You can waste your ammo anytime you want once you find it.

EDIT: Yes, i know EMP bolt needs to be spent. So i thought something like grenade pistol... But i found it nonsensical and would make PDA a bit useless.
You evil person, it'll take sheer luck to bump into that one now.

And I get what you mean, it's just that on my last playthrough I've found 2 Machine-Carbines and 4 Burst SMGs to one PDA. I dunno, it just seems like it should be higher up on the spawner chance compared to the other two if you know what I mean?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

[quote="quote="Gideon020"]You evil person, it'll take sheer luck to bump into that one now.[/quote]This is the only way i can make it unique and special, i gotta say. Making your favorite weapons show up early cannot be helped but having a lot of luck just like the other Rogue-like games. Randomspawner can be dickish sometimes.

Sometimes PDA shows up earlier or later. Just pray to RNGesus or save/load a lot.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Oh, nice! Lovin' mods with female player character! :D

too bad the ALTHUD just a mess and I understand you can't do anything with that.

Are you considering supports Strife IWAD(not sure about Heretic/Hexen, doesn't fit well with the lore of this mod)? :3:

Minor Edit: Not sure if poor Eilidh still scream when in XDeath state, yeah I know it still some games did that(like RotT classic), but I'm sure Doomguy doesn't when he got gibbed.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”