Lag in GZDoom, can't figure out why

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
armyman12345

Lag in GZDoom, can't figure out why

Post by armyman12345 »

Recently, my computer's hard drive failed, so I got another one and reinstalled windows on it. I downloaded GZdoom, opened it up and there's lag, even in software mode, which is strange, considering how this is the same computer where GZdoom was running just fine. I downloaded the latest drivers for the amd radeon 3100 card using the catalyst control center, still lagged. I assume it's something to do with the settings that I have for GZDoom, but I cannot find for the life of me what setting is making it lag.

The only other thing I can think of is that I need to download more drivers, but I still don't know what to do exactly. Any help?
Nevander

Re: Lag in GZDoom, can't figure out why

Post by Nevander »

Is it a different version of GZDoom than before? Do you have all the Windows updates up to the point you had them before? Same Windows version? Or maybe the issue is new with AMD's latest drivers which wouldn't surprise me since every version for my R9 270X seems to have a different problem.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Lag in GZDoom, can't figure out why

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's a different Windows installation and that may make all the difference, especially when it comes to hardware that has been put on legacy support - both by the manufacturer and by GZDoom itself.

What Windows version are you using? Considering that the card is more or less obsolete I'd expect it to cause issues if some more recent version was used.

Return to “Technical Issues”