REKKR - V1.16

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Popsoap10

Re: [WIP] REKKR - An Ultimate Doom Total Conversion

Post by Popsoap10 »

Revae wrote:Thanks.
Yeah, 3D modeled, then roughly textured (for the monsters, guns are textured with more detail, being larger on screen and all)... rigged, animated, rendered, painted over. Decoration/pickup sprites are mostly just painted, same with the player sprites...
I am a little concerned about the variety of attacks that will be available to monsters, given you don't have access to DOOM 2 monster functions.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Popsoap10 wrote: I am a little concerned about the variety of attacks that will be available to monsters, given you don't have access to DOOM 2 monster functions.
Ultimate Doom v1.9 can use all doom 2 monster functions/sounds/whatever, and if you have your t's crossed and your i's dotted you can use them.
Revae

Post by Revae »

You can listen to REKKR's soundtrack on YouTube now, thanks to HexenMapper (who made all of it) uploading it last night.
It's super nice, especially if you like bagpipes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzTY6d ... -Y&index=1
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Some of the musics are very much like fantasy, also i hear some Celtic musics, too!
Wh3atGr@$$

Post by Wh3atGr@$$ »

Hello there! This looks very interesting! Essentially what I've always been looking for in a doom mod. I may be able to make you a map, I'm currently working on a brutal doom map pack which essentially focuses on a darker, intense depiction of hell unlike any seen in a doom wad before, here's a screenshot so you can get an idea of my style. I'm definitely best with darker, gothic/occult styled mapping.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

You forgot to post/link to the screenshot, by the way.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Although that brutal doom part won't gonna help, but posting only screenshots of the favorite part of your maps would be helpful.

Oh, also welcome to ZDoom Forum.
Revae

Post by Revae »

Wh3atGr@$$ wrote:Hello there! This looks very interesting! Essentially what I've always been looking for in a doom mod. I may be able to make you a map, I'm currently working on a brutal doom map pack which essentially focuses on a darker, intense depiction of hell unlike any seen in a doom wad before, here's a screenshot so you can get an idea of my style. I'm definitely best with darker, gothic/occult styled mapping.
Hi! I'm not really actively looking for mappers atm. Feel free to post a screenshot though. Who knows, maybe I'll need someone in the future.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaand you're back. Glad you're back with heavy-metal looking chaingun weapon. And those map textures are pretty trippy too! :D
Blox

Post by Blox »

Revae wrote:Hi! I'm not really actively looking for mappers atm.
Yeah, I can see that by the attempt to out-do Mt. Erebus in plain looks. % )

User was temp-banned for this post and overall smugness in other posts
Revae

Post by Revae »

I think that's an insult, but I can't tell.
Forgot I drew this, didn't post it here...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Gotta love the bloody gallentry going on in this pic. I really love it. It looks badass!
Spoiler: Oh, and
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

To be fair, while the screenshots on the first page look amazingly good, I actually echo Bloax's complaints regarding the last one that was posted - it indeed looks rather bland and nondescript, but I think the main issue here isn't the map itself, rather it's the fact that the screenshot was taken at a far too low resolution. I get that this is supposed to be a vanilla compatible project, but we're past the age of having to look at tiny images at the back of game boxes to get an idea of what a game is going to look like :P I think it would be really nice if you could take a higher resolution screenshot of that same area, even with just PRBoom or something, to get a better idea of what that even is. Ultimately though, it's up to you of course, if you don't want to reveal too much.

That being said, do definitely keep up the good work! A lot of TC's have come and gone over the years but with few exceptions, most never really reached the point they hoped (assuming they ever reached any point at all). I do hope your project will carry on to the end, I am (and I assume many others are) always in the mood to try out Doom-style games. Cheers!
Revae

Post by Revae »

It's not the most detailed chunk of map either way.
That era of tiny-images-on-backs-of-game-boxes is something I'm trying to emulate to an extent. We'll see how it all goes when it's done.

The to-do list is shorter every day. It'll reach completion unless I unexpectedly die or some-such.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

looking forward to this

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”