Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
insightguy

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by insightguy »

So you finally made this mod. I kinda thought you abandoned this. How does it feel to release it?
Lime

Post by Lime »

This is a good mod that has cartoonish weapons with satisfying animations and delicious sounds. Great on playing custom maps.
EDIT:
credits and sum
- i just remember that these people (Lynx9810,DCS,MRDeadlyFPS,Kopter,4Echo,Frezixx,Se7en.) do the animating in gamebanana.
Last edited by Lime on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for playing, and Glad to hear that! :D
insightguy wrote:So you finally made this mod. I kinda thought you abandoned this. How does it feel to release it?
I feel reeeally good, alright! Although needs much more work, but i'm sure it'll be done eventually. And i really appreciate you guys compliments and feedback. It definitely helps me a lot.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So... Few bugs were fixed during the progress. And i'm about to add more features, including new slot 4 weapon. So stay tuned!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Finally, a Chex Quest-compatible mod. All I need now is one that's Strife-compatible and I'll have the full set. :D
doomsguy215

Post by doomsguy215 »

Does I has some sort of weapons limit in it. If yes how to edit it to remove weapon limit if possible.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You probably have to edit the mod and remove the weapon limit scripts. Besides, weapon limit is the point of this mod.

But if anyone wants to make own mutator to remove the weapon limit, be my guest!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

thing is the tag thing is true but in the heat of crazy battle its hard to really look at that stuff
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Ok it think i found why
for some reason even dropping the weapon once reached having 6 weapons on your equipment when i drop the weapon it doesn't seem to think that there are 5 it thinks that there are still 6 of them
im using gzdoom 3.1.0 just to point out

edit: seems to do with the combat rifle apparantly
Edit2: nvm seems it has to do with the hunting daggers i seems, when i drop them they don't count as as weapon dropped, but when both throwned they count as weapon dropped
Edit3: Apparantly it doesn't stop there for some reason if you grab any other gun in the next map, it breaks the limit making it thing its the 6st gun
even if a dropped a gun afterwards, it still thinks its the 6th gun
Edit4: ok i think it has to do with picking up the dropped weapons, because i dropped the service pistol then later i picked that up and decided to drop it (reached my max of 6 weapons) again but the counter didn't stop saying it was still on 6 weapons
Last edited by Redead-ITA on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

chronoteeth wrote:thing is the tag thing is true but in the heat of crazy battle its hard to really look at that stuff
Well, you eventually have to look at the HUD for a second to make sure you know your ammo is dried out or not. Also to make sure you know what kind of gun you're grabbing and firing.

I'm sure it'll take another month to recolor or redesign either guns. So should i add unique raise sound effects to them?

EDIT:
Redead-ITA wrote:Ok it think i found why
Sorry for the late reply, but i definitely have no idea why this bug happening to you. In my GZDOOM g3.1.0, weapon limit never breaks although i've followed your instructions as possible.

And yet, i'm updating the mod right now. And i'm sure it'll be alright after the release.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Hey man, good to see you finished this. Looking forward to playing it after work. :)
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

wow. i can't believe the weapons are so well-done, you might want to come back for more~!
this is such a great mod! Congrats cap'n! hope you get featured by IcarusL1ves' Doom Mod Spotlight!
Pinkymatador

Post by Pinkymatador »

The weapons feel great (what I've played so far) and enjoying the overall atmosphere the mod creates (the sound design really helps). The sprite design is easy on the eye, obviously reminiscent of RoTWB/SoTWB (believe they were paint based). Definitely stream it to my Youtube/Twitch channels this weekend.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

A little mix. :)
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hmm. Some behaviors in this video acts differently... But that doesn't mean i don't like this, tho! Nice video and keep it coming, guys!
silentzora wrote:Hey man, good to see you finished this. Looking forward to playing it after work. :)
YukesVonFaust wrote:wow. i can't believe the weapons are so well-done, you might want to come back for more~!
this is such a great mod! Congrats cap'n! hope you get featured by IcarusL1ves' Doom Mod Spotlight!
Thanks a lot, guys! And heheheh yeah, Yukes. I really hope so-
Pinkymatador wrote:The weapons feel great (what I've played so far) and enjoying the overall atmosphere the mod creates (the sound design really helps). The sprite design is easy on the eye, obviously reminiscent of RoTWB/SoTWB (believe they were paint based). Definitely stream it to my Youtube/Twitch channels this weekend.
Like i said, this mod definitely inspired by other mspaint doom mods like RoTWB/SoTWB, like you mentioned before. I just love their style and i also love mspaint. So why not? :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”