ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
007kingifrit

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 3 (9/1/2017)

Post by 007kingifrit »

oh then I will just install the 6.06.2 again.....which version of gzdoom should I install for that one?
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

I don't even remember anymore. That one is so old now I wouldn't be surprised if it just didn't work at all anymore. Best off just using 6.66 Alpha 3 with a devbuild for the time being because there was a lot of broken things in 6.06.2.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

OK I got it working and I notice a few things

1. when i start a game I spawn with all the starting weapons (uac pistol, gargoyle wand ect) the old version didn't do that. shoudln't I be getting one at random?

2. can we get some customizable monster in fighting options? the fact that they all fight eachother all the time can make it really easy. that sounded like it was a thing so i looked through the options but I didn't see one

3. the mod makes any map pack easier so i tend to use the highest difficulty option but I already take enough damage even on the lower ones, can we get an option that makes the enemies tougher but does not make them deal more damage?

4. this is nitpicking but the 2nd altfire on the guardian head from shadow warrior only works when you hold down the button, unlike other similar altfires that just spawn a ring that lasts a while

5. too much loot! would you please consider nerfing some of the pickups and drop rates for ammo/ health, i need only take 5 steps in any direction to heal to full on some wads

6. the sound effect and music for the black pentagon thingy changed?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Replies in red.
007kingifrit wrote:1. when i start a game I spawn with all the starting weapons (uac pistol, gargoyle wand ect) the old version didn't do that. shoudln't I be getting one at random?
I really need to make a list of all currently known bugs.
Anyway, that actually all depends on what games you enable. If you have any magical games (I'll make sure to update them to specify what theme they are), then it'll give the gargoyle wand.
Same for normal (or modern) like Doom, Blood or Quake 1, you'll get some regular pistols and stuff. If you have tech games enabled like Strife or Quake 2/4, that'll give you the blaster pistol.

2. can we get some customizable monster in fighting options? the fact that they all fight eachother all the time can make it really easy. that sounded like it was a thing so i looked through the options but I didn't see one
You can set this yourself in console (press ~ or `) by typing in Infighting and setting it to 1, 0, or -1. See this wiki page for more information.

3. the mod makes any map pack easier so i tend to use the highest difficulty option but I already take enough damage even on the lower ones, can we get an option that makes the enemies tougher but does not make them deal more damage?
Nightmare skill level does that, I think. I'll have to double check, it's been a while since I messed with the skills.

4. this is nitpicking but the 2nd altfire on the guardian head from shadow warrior only works when you hold down the button, unlike other similar altfires that just spawn a ring that lasts a while
Heh, ironically I use that weapon the least. I'll take a look into it though.

5. too much loot! would you please consider nerfing some of the pickups and drop rates for ammo/ health, i need only take 5 steps in any direction to heal to full on some wads
If you play on slaughterfest maps, indeed it's a bit of a problem. I designed the enlightenment staff so if you have such an issue, you can absorb corpses and a lot of the over-saturation of loot that's a lot more common.

I'll probably change some of the items around to allow pickup even if full on health, such as hearts. That, or introduce a flexible timed limit where ammo/health will disappear after a time.

6. the sound effect and music for the black pentagon thingy changed?
That would be the Demon Morph and I tweaked it, yes. I also introduced music for it but I'll be changing that so it doesn't interrupt the current track.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Well, since 007kingifrit made some feedback i would like to answer, i'd like to show mine;

- About Boom Bunnies, they're quite fearful to use because their explosion deals TONS of damage and they can easily kill you either. And like 007 said, bunnies are everywhere and i somehow have to use them. When i'm trying to use them in particular situation, they eventually blows up in front of my face by bumping into teleporting, wall-clipping or small enemies.

All i want to say is, can you make those bunnies less-effective to the player? Or maybe gives no damage at all, just like some high tier explosive weapons does.

- I think SPASS shotgun is most boring and ineffective weapon than Serpent staff. It has no alt-fire and very weak. Heck, even Beretta has alt-fire to cover its disadvantage.

- L4D Francis' flame shot is most unfair enemy attack i always encounter, even worse than Tactical Enforcer's Rail shot. Quite takes time to attack, sure. But the thing is when you get hit somehow. One or few stroke, your body burns up and damages you real faster and never goes off quickly.

And that's it. I still love this mod to this day and I think it's great! Hope it gets more updates.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

I cant find credits to sprite in pk3. Where it is?
Josko

Post by Josko »

Captain J wrote: - I think SPASS shotgun is most boring and ineffective weapon than Serpent staff. It has no alt-fire and very weak. Heck, even Beretta has alt-fire to cover its disadvantage.

And that's it. I still love this mod to this day and I think it's great! Hope it gets more updates.
The spass shotgun is fine, its supposed to be low tier weapon until you find something better, buffing it will make it too good since you can get ahold of these very easily, just kill a shotgun guy.

Its damage and spread is: 3 - 2 - 8 - 5, meaning it does 40 damage and has very good accuracy much better than the shotgun from brutal doom for example, if you wanna buff it just get Slade and open AeodDat.wad, go to class 3 weapons and find the spass shotgun code and buff the damage like 8-6 instead of 8-5, then it will do 45 dmg per shot :)
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Apeirogon, I've posted it in the OP at the top.

Just wanted to let everyone know this mod should be compatible with 3.2+, and will be updating the first post to reflect as such.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

It's strange but some of graphic files are missing... menu, at least.

nevermind, I solved my problem.
Major Cooke

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 4 (11/4/2017)

Post by Major Cooke »

Alpha 4 is here. Not a whole lot changed, but you'll see some better frame rates.

Also, the concussion launcher's drunk missiles have gone through Alcoholics Anonymous training and will no longer guzzle 50 bottles of rocket wine before battle, meaning they will no longer mistake you for the enemy.

No, didn't get around to fixing the directors/L4D mode... yet... still been pretty swamped over here.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

I found a glitch with the soul reaper weapon. the alt fire which uses the green mana does no damage to anything but also consumes no ammo

and have you thought about adding a weakness/strength system? like robots would take more electric damage but less shotgun damage and demons would take less fire damage and less damage from red mana weapons but more damage from blue and green mana? just something to think about
BFG

Post by BFG »

007kingifrit wrote: and have you thought about adding a weakness/strength system?
I swear it has that?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Soul Reaper beam does not consume ammo on purpose. It actually does 1-2 damage -- try it out on common infected for example. In fact it pierces invulnerability.

There are strengths and weaknesses already introduced. Though at this point, one could question if it was even worth adding considering all the weapons are unique and you cannot customize them individually.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, that weapon! Soul Reaper is most useful and one of the strongest weapon of aeod. Primary fire just literally sweeps the horde and Secondary, like cooke said, fires tickling beam at targeted enemy. And here come's the fun part. When you press Primary fire while holding Secondary, it almost kills most overpowered enemies including bosses.

And sometimes it charms them to fight for you. So yeah, using this weapon to bosses would be a very good use.
RRaulone

Post by RRaulone »

Sorry, i can´t drop weapons and when the slot is full, new weapons are transparent for me. Using GzDom 3.2.1 and V6.66 Alpha 4
I customized controls but i can´t :-(
Any help?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”