Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DevilBlackDeath

Re: Castlevania : Simon's Destiny

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Someone finally does the Castlevania TC I've been looking for for Doom and it has to be you Batandy ? You don't want people to be working right ? Well as always it looks absolutely amazing. The Chapel looks even more stunning than the first level, the lighting and textures in it are fantastic ;)
DevilBlackDeath

insightguy wrote:
Batandy wrote:
2:03 WALL CHICKEN!

P.S. Do you plan on doing symphony of the night after this?

by any chance, what did you take more inspiration from: pink baron's nightmare of sin, Combinekeegan's GMOTA or just straight up the original castlevania?
While that would be absolutely amazing I think it's a project that would require at least 5-10 people to work on. Although I guess using HUBs would help. I don't know if you can make only HUB maps though in ZDoom =/
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DevilBlackDeath wrote:Someone finally does the Castlevania TC I've been looking for for Doom and it has to be you Batandy ? You don't want people to be working right ? Well as always it looks absolutely amazing. The Chapel looks even more stunning than the first level, the lighting and textures in it are fantastic ;)
Thank you very much, yeah i prefer to work alone on this, i'm pretty confident that i can complete it in no time, after the amount of work i'm putting in GS nothing scares me anymore :)
DevilBlackDeath wrote: While that would be absolutely amazing I think it's a project that would require at least 5-10 people to work on. Although I guess using HUBs would help. I don't know if you can make only HUB maps though in ZDoom =/
Nah, i actually think it's way easier than working on GS2 for example, which is why i decided to develop it as a side project
Edit: Sorry i'm dumb, didn't notice you were talking about SOTN, then you're absolutely right, it would be a huge task that would require a full team

Intermission map!
Last edited by Batandy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tormentor667

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny

Post by Tormentor667 »

Batandy, this is brilliant :)
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

Oh, this is shaping up to be an excellent mod alright. Great job as always, Batandy!
DevilBlackDeath

Batandy wrote:
DevilBlackDeath wrote:Someone finally does the Castlevania TC I've been looking for for Doom and it has to be you Batandy ? You don't want people to be working right ? Well as always it looks absolutely amazing. The Chapel looks even more stunning than the first level, the lighting and textures in it are fantastic ;)
Thank you very much, yeah i prefer to work alone on this, i'm pretty confident that i can complete it in no time, after the amount of work i'm putting in GS nothing scares me anymore :)
DevilBlackDeath wrote: While that would be absolutely amazing I think it's a project that would require at least 5-10 people to work on. Although I guess using HUBs would help. I don't know if you can make only HUB maps though in ZDoom =/
Nah, i actually think it's way easier than working on GS2 for example, which is why i decided to develop it as a side project
Edit: Sorry i'm dumb, didn't notice you were talking about SOTN, then you're absolutely right, it would be a huge task that would require a full team

Intermission map!
Oh by working I didn't mean with you ! I meant you want to prevent people working :P It's gonna be Doom Shareware release all over again eheh
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DevilBlackDeath wrote: Oh by working I didn't mean with you ! I meant you want to prevent people working :P It's gonna be Doom Shareware release all over again eheh
Oh lol,i got it now, thanks

Fancy new menu
Last edited by Batandy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Can't wait till you release this. Everyone would be able to create their own castlevania fangame based on your mod. Good luck.
DevilBlackDeath

Caleb26 wrote:Can't wait till you release this. Everyone would be able to create their own castlevania fangame based on your mod. Good luck.
True that ! As long as Batandy is ok with it though, it's his baby after all ! Although all it would take would be to release this as a gameplay mod withou map, and to create maps adapted from other Castlevania games ^^ Is the whip sprite by you btw ? It looks amazing and I wonder how theartist did it =O
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DevilBlackDeath wrote:
Caleb26 wrote:Can't wait till you release this. Everyone would be able to create their own castlevania fangame based on your mod. Good luck.
True that ! As long as Batandy is ok with it though, it's his baby after all ! Although all it would take would be to release this as a gameplay mod withou map, and to create maps adapted from other Castlevania games ^^ Is the whip sprite by you btw ? It looks amazing and I wonder how theartist did it =O
I'm okay with making other Castlevania wads with this one as a base.
The whip isn't mine, it's an awesome creation by Mike12

Working on Stage 3!
DevilBlackDeath

Batandy wrote:
DevilBlackDeath wrote:
I'm okay with making other Castlevania wads with this one as a base.
The whip isn't mine, it's an awesome creation by Mike12

Working on Stage 3!
Well my my my, this guy is talented when it comes to Doom weapons it seems ^^ Urgh, everyt time you post a picture of any of your mod it teases me so much.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

You can move while whipping without jumping?

Unacceptable. :p
TDG

Post by TDG »

This is a really well done Total Conversion and it is interesting to see how you handle the platform jumping parts as well as the weapons from the NES games.

I played some of the NES games but I sadly was never that good at them.
Tango

Post by Tango »

this looks really excellent. can't wait to try it :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”