[Abandoning]Vanilla as Fuck:Final edit

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Vanilla as Fuck!

Post by JoeyTD »

LossForWords wrote:speaking about dn3d, do you intend on adding near-death states for lower-tier enemies, where they fall on their knees and wiggle their head around in pain?
That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I'll think about it tho.
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

Pretty great so far.

Only issues:

- Too much smoke. Feels like I'm firing a musket, not a futuristic gun.

- The rifle feels too weak and its animation is way, WAY too violent in the recoil. Buff it a bit and reduce the recoil animation, and it'd be awesome.

- The shotgun guy's pump animation happens so fast that you can't even see it beyond a brief twitch.

- Being hit by a shotgun guy's pellets causes error texts.

- Some of the weapons (MP40, Chaingun, Rifle) feel too similar. I'd say that buffing the Chaingun's firing rate and making the MP40 inherit the original 525 RPM, 5-15 damage would work out.

- When I die and hit Resurrect in the console, the weapon sprites are jolted way upwards until the muzzle is practically touching the crosshair. Maybe an issue with offsets?

But all small issues aside, mostly the mod is great.
Becc

Post by Becc »

I'm really, really enjoying this so far. Excellent work. I have some suggestions as well.

- Could the monster replacements be an optional component? Or perhaps versions of the monsters that are a bit closer to vanilla. The Revenant in particular strikes me as an enemy whose role in combat has been completely changed. They're nearly helpless without their rocket launchers, and their health is far too low to make them a decent threat in melee. The change to the Spider Mastermind also strikes me as odd, because it looks nothing like a spider anymore. It appears most of the augmented demons have been de-augmented, which in my opinion rather goes against the aesthetic of Doom.

- Would it be possible to have the "upgrade" weapons replace their original counterparts once picked up, to reduce inventory clutter? For example, the Assault Rifle is nearly identical to the Chaingun, but has melee capability. I find myself never using the Chaingun once I have the AR. And the pump-action Super Shotgun renders the regular Super Shotgun more or less obsolete (aside from the SSG's alternate attack, which is still pretty useful for weaker enemies).
Maybe a different progression for the mod's added weapons would be good as well. They need to be more situational, and less common than they already are.

Anyway, please keep at it. I'd love to see this mod become more popular. :D
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

how about classic styled doom 4 weapons and classic doom 4 monsters too as future versions :)
Becc

Post by Becc »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:how about classic styled doom 4 weapons and classic doom 4 monsters too as future versions :)
You could just play Doom 4 Doom.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

or zion. or argent. or project lazarus. or death foretold.
ThrashfanBert1994

all but centered
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

then why don't you play flakes doom? it has most of the new doom weapons.
Becc

Post by Becc »

Speaking of weapons... I think the spread of the standard shotgun needs to be toned down a bit. The inaccuracy is glaring after playing vanilla Doom for a while.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Not sure if this was caught yet, but I found something rather amusing:

While Lost Souls leave corpses now, they don't fall to the ground when they die; if anything, I can push them further up, just by crouching underneath them and jumping.
JoeyTD

Post by JoeyTD »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Not sure if this was caught yet, but I found something rather amusing:

While Lost Souls leave corpses now, they don't fall to the ground when they die; if anything, I can push them further up, just by crouching underneath them and jumping.
I caught that, I've just been meaning to push out a patch/update for some of bugs/gitchs you guys have been catching for me.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This looks certainly interesting
ThrashfanBert1994

How about alpha weapons in near future versions,
Just saying as a suggestion idea
JoeyTD

Post by JoeyTD »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:How about alpha weapons in near future versions,
Just saying as a suggestion idea
Honesty I had the same idea too but I ended up dropping it due to not understanding some of the alpha and beta gun's purposes.

During the first alpha builds of doom:evil unleashed they had the "pipe" rifle as the starter weapon but during the beta builds they switched it over to the more AR looking rifle, So those two were easy to figured what purpose they had. Thorough the other rifles I still have no idea what purpose they had in the game.

We all know what purpose the shotgun and chainsaw had.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Found a white spot in frame PKS2G0

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”