Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Restored)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Somagu

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v0.5 "Skeletonne": Heavy! (p6)

Post by Somagu »

Megasphere-replaced Stem Cells have no dynamic light attached to them.
Doomenator

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v0 "Skeleton": Find Some Meat! (p

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:Not so important, but here's a suggestion: The SPAS should have stronger sounds. It kinda fades on the gameplay. Other than that, i have no complains sir.
This is a case when, the sound of ricochet is louder than the sound of a gunshot. :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v0 "Skeleton": Find Some Meat! (p

Post by wildweasel »

Doomenator wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:Not so important, but here's a suggestion: The SPAS should have stronger sounds. It kinda fades on the gameplay. Other than that, i have no complains sir.
This is a case when, the sound of ricochet is louder than the sound of a gunshot. :D
Or as I like to call it: Doom 3 Syndrome.
badcaradvice

Post by badcaradvice »

The changes to the RCR feel good, though before I just treated it as a close-range stunlock weapon of sorts, the TITLEMAP is great, and the melee changes are a nice touch. This mod is goin' places.

Not particularly related to any of the changes, but I tend to get easily distracted when I see revenants fighting each other in this mod.
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

I'm getting a crash whenever the blursphere affects several enemies at a time. I can replicate it in Map 2 of BTSX EP1, by summoning a blursphere and opening the door.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

I noticed that the SPAK-11's Pickup sprite didn't have a stock, so I added one.
Attachments
SPASZ0.png
SPASZ0.png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i just noticed this typo at the bottom of the screen while playing it on psx doom.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20170811_224104.png
HalfBakedCake

Post by HalfBakedCake »

Unfortunately the weapons feel very underwhelming to use, so far. I really like the muzzle smoke effect though, that shit is really cool. Makes me think of FEAR, although it's too bad the shotgun feels piss weak compared to the FEAR shotgun though, that thing was a blast to use. Though if you continued making effects in a similar vein to FEAR that would be pretty neat. Stuff like the bullet impact particles throwing up a shit ton of dust and just in general causing tons of mayhem.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

ArchXeno wrote:I'm getting a crash whenever the blursphere affects several enemies at a time. I can replicate it in Map 2 of BTSX EP1, by summoning a blursphere and opening the door.
I'll keep an eye on this, thanks. Some of the stuff I'm trying to do with the Blursphere (making the enemy only able to see you when up close and lose their target if you're beyond a certain range) is currently done very hackily via a target inventory check at the start of the See state. If anyone has any better ways to do this, I'd be interested!
potetobloke wrote:I noticed that the SPAK-11's Pickup sprite didn't have a stock, so I added one.
Awesome, thanks. I need to redo a few of the pickup sprites, some of them were just copy-pasted from my Duke assets folder. :oops:
LossForWords wrote:i just noticed this typo at the bottom of the screen while playing it on psx doom.
How the fuck did I miss this? Thanks.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Welp, i've found out the hard way that you don't want to use the RPG if there's puppies in your imminent area. Not just because of collateral damage, but because it's entirely possible for one to be close enough or pop up ontop of you when you fire one that you'll gib yourself in an instant.

Damn you puppers.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Speakin' of puppin' out. And that's why we need enough space to play with them. :P
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

RikohZX wrote:Welp, i've found out the hard way that you don't want to use the RPG if there's puppies in your imminent area. Not just because of collateral damage, but because it's entirely possible for one to be close enough or pop up ontop of you when you fire one that you'll gib yourself in an instant.

Damn you puppers.
I believe I just fixed this. Rockets should now pass through Co-Op Buddies.

There'll probably be an 0.6 update or something tomorrow-ish. This is because I've ported the HUD to ZScript. It took a bunch of swearing and exactly one and a half glasses of Jack-n-Coke, but it's done. This is a pretty big change, all things considered, so odds are it's gonna need some testing in case I fucked something up. (If I haven't fucked something up I'll frankly be amazed.)

There are a few improvements in the new HUD, mostly relating to no longer being restrained by certain quirks or limitations of SBARINFO, but for the most part it's the same functionality. Once I've confirmed that this doesn't render players sterile, however, I can get started on some commonly-requested features like displaying the amount of shots left in your weapon.
Kinsie

Re: Juvenile Power Fantasy v0.6 "Skeletowned"! (p7)

Post by Kinsie »

v0.6 "Skeletowned" (14/08/2017) - 15.2mb
Changelog wrote:v0.6 "Skeletowned" (14/08/2017)
Minor tweaks and major under-the-hood twiddling is the order of the day here. Once I'm sure that the recoded HUD doesn't render players sterile, I can move forward with new features and with filling in the blanks in Heretic's beastiary, potentially clearing the way to a v1.0 release...

- Fixed an typo in one of the death protips.
- Added potetobloke's new SPAK-12 pickup sprite.
- New RPG and SOCOM pickup sprites.
- Fixed the per-map compat fixes option not taking effect when entering the level ''properly'' instead of warping to it like a cheating mod developer.
- Rockets now pass through Co-Op Buddies. For real, this time.

- Converted the HUD to ZScript! It hurt. A lot.
-- Jetpack and NVG now always display remaining amount when selected (not just when activated) where the selected item's amount would normally be.
-- When changing gender in Player Options, mugshot will now update instantly instead of waiting until you leave the menu and return to gameplay.
-- Weapon slot numbers are now lower down the screen on widescreen resolutions only, to avoid clipping into the main HUD windows.
- Some old hacks relating to telling SBARINFO things have been thankfully removed.
- Fixed duplicate HUD keys caused by cheating, as well as Heretic keys appearing in the HUD when cheating in Doom.
- Changelog menu has been redesigned to be less narrow. Did you notice?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i don't know why, but when i play this mod in my computer, gzdoom freezes. it happens when i'm in a room with more than 2 enemies.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LossForWords wrote:i don't know why, but when i play this mod in my computer, gzdoom freezes. it happens when i'm in a room with more than 2 enemies.
What are the specs of your computer?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”