D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kireta21

Re: D4T v2.1 (Final Version Released 07-19-17)

Post by kireta21 »

I Looked up how balancing feature for late-game player works, but I'm not sure if I see it right. Permanent nerf to damage and damage resistance that counters permanent bonus to damage and damage resistance, so final values are close to square one? Or am I missing something? Wouldn't it be simplier to remove these bonuses or reduce them to amount that doesn't affect balance so strongly, say 3-15% instead of 10-50%?
Not really complain, it does balance things out, just curious.
Last edited by kireta21 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

http://imgur.com/1dTSK2g

Demon mode keeps crashing my game to console. It has happened so far because

Cancelling out of demon mode via Cacodemon and other monsters.
Killing a spider mastermind and then getting the clear bonus while a revenant.
Attempting to use the secondary with the Pain Elemental.

This is happening consistently with the latest GZDoom devbuilds. Is there a way out of this? Thanks.

The Cancel out and Clear bonus bugs are happening only with the devbuilds. The PE one happens in stable.

http://imgur.com/kNe04AZ
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

blackfish wrote:http://imgur.com/1dTSK2g

This is happening consistently with the latest GZDoom devbuilds. Is there a way out of this? Thanks.

The Cancel out and Clear bonus bugs are happening only with the devbuilds. The PE one happens in stable.

So I just summoned and killed a bunch of Arachnotrons (probably around 15) to test a hypothesis, and it appears that in GZDoom 3.2 Devbuild 358 the Demon rune simply doesn't spawn when I'm using just D4T 2.1. When I used the unofficial voxel patch it did spawn, but I got the crash you mentioned above when I tried to cancel out. On the GZDoom 3.1.0 stable release the Demon rune works as expected. My suspicion is that something got changed between versions that changed some bit of code that the Demon rune relies on. Given that it appears to have completely disabled at least one power-up, my gut says it might have messed up other things as well, but I haven't played with it enough to tell you what that might be. Hope this helps with debuging and fixing the problem.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I can't find the melee bind at all in GZDoom 3.2, Any help?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's the Zoom key.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

blackfish wrote:http://imgur.com/1dTSK2g

We spoke on discord about this after you had posted this, but Im replying here for people to know the answer: Please dont use devbuilds. This mod does not require devbuilds in any form. The PE issue is confirmed though, we're investigating.
Dwailing wrote:So I just summoned and killed a bunch of Arachnotrons (probably around 15) to test a hypothesis, and it appears that in GZDoom 3.2 Devbuild 358 the Demon rune simply doesn't spawn when I'm using just D4T 2.1. When I used the unofficial voxel patch it did spawn, but I got the crash you mentioned above when I tried to cancel out. On the GZDoom 3.1.0 stable release the Demon rune works as expected. My suspicion is that something got changed between versions that changed some bit of code that the Demon rune relies on. Given that it appears to have completely disabled at least one power-up, my gut says it might have messed up other things as well, but I haven't played with it enough to tell you what that might be. Hope this helps with debuging and fixing the problem.
That's odd, but i havent tried devbuilds. I however, can see how in 15 arachnotrons the rune might not spawn. RNG is crazy. Sometimes I kill a lot of monsters and no runes, sometimes a couple monsters only and they both drop the rune. The code uses the most simplistic method to spawn the runes: DropItem property. So there's nothing special about that part of the code.
Clownman wrote:I can't find the melee bind at all in GZDoom 3.2, Any help?
I have yet to try this version of gzdoom, but does it not appear in the custom keybinds anywhere?
trzejos

Post by trzejos »

I noticed a bug on the DM BFG's altfire. It will get stuck in an on state when you release altfire while the shot is charging or if it is on when the BFG runs out of ammo. I was able to fix it by copying two lines from the DM Gauss Cannon and putting them in the EndAnimation state after the player's pitch is restored.

Here's the two lines

Code: Select all

"####" "#" 0 A_StopSound(CHAN_5)
		"####" "#" 0 A_TakeInventory("PowerAdvancedTargetingMode")
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Because this happened, you may need to change your menu around. This affected a lot of mods.

The solution is simple though.

Change the name:

OptionMenu "OptionsMenu" // From this
OptionMenu "D4TOptionsMenu" //To this
And in the ListMenu "MainMenu", change the options menus themselves to reflect the new name:

PatchItem "M_OPTION","o", "OptionsMenu"
PatchItem "M_OPTION","o", "D4TOptionsMenu"
Also, you cannot override the default Customize Keybinds menu anymore, so you'll have to make a copy of that one as well.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Loving the mod. I have a problem though.

I play keyboard only and most of the weapons are fine with autoaim. However, some weapons (ie/ Static Rifle) don't work correctly. They don't autoaim on the vertical axis.

Is that a deliberate choice? Is there something I can tweak to make all weapons correctly autoaim?

Thanks in hope.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Unfortunately, that's an engine thing. For some reason rail attacks are never affected by autoaim. I heard this is doable in newer versions of gzdoom, but since this mod is backwards compatible to gzd 1.8.6 and zandro 3, i cannot use new features.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Ah, that's a pity. Still, I can make-do.

Thanks for replying. :)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

trzejos wrote:I noticed a bug on the DM BFG's altfire. It will get stuck in an on state when you release altfire while the shot is charging or if it is on when the BFG runs out of ammo. I was able to fix it by copying two lines from the DM Gauss Cannon and putting them in the EndAnimation state after the player's pitch is restored.

Here's the two lines

"####" "#" 0 A_StopSound(CHAN_5)
		"####" "#" 0 A_TakeInventory("PowerAdvancedTargetingMode")

I will look into this asap! We've got a couple things that we definitely could release in a bugfix patch. Thanks for the info!
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Why you dont use new sprite of cybbi and spidermind?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Apeirogon wrote:Why you dont use new sprite of cybbi and spidermind?

if you're talking about drpyspy's sprites, the mastermind sprites is already being used by kinsie in metadoom and i don't think the cyberdemon sprites are ready.
but we'll have to hear from dbt himself for confirmation, that's just my guess.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

That's correct. The mastermind IMO is sort of quite unique to metadoom, and while i believe Kinsie has given permission to use these sprites, and while Xtor did a "skin pack" for d4t, containing these sprites, i just don't want to "rip" them right after they were featured in their original mod.

Perhaps in the future, and who knows, maybe there will be more d4 inspired sprites around for us to incorporate. But that's loooong ways away since I'm done with the current version of d4t (except for bugfixes) for the foreseeable future.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”