Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.2 now compatible with GZDoo

Post by Captain J »

harrythewolf wrote:something i noticed is that in the boss where you have to race him in a skateboard the cucumber launcher and the "pooping bird" does not function correctly.
That's because her skateboard runs very faster than projectiles she fires. Otherwise using projectile based weapons are all useless against the 2nd boss. You gotta use hitscan weapons such as chaingun and shotgun.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.2 now compatible with GZDoo

Post by gwHero »

My compliments for this TC. Only played a few levels yet but this definitely looks awesome.
MSPaintR0cks

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack and website)

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

Heyo, got three new things to show to you! ;D
First, I released v1.3 of ROTWB. There are only a few "minor" changes here:

• In E1M3, the cat leader now says "24/7" instead of "24/17" ...stupid typo!
  • E1M5 had a decorative branch texture that was flipped the wrong way - thats fixed
  • In GzDoom, the final boss now FINALLY starts rising up during the cutscene

Click here! v1.3

Second, I uploaded the entire Soundtrack on my YT channel :D
Check it out if you want... and subscribe if you want to stay tuned on my future projects!

And third, if you are interested in the other things I do, feel free to check out my webpage... ^^
http://www.watchdatoast.de.tl
I will update it in the future with my next projects, drawings and t-shirt designs^^
Yeah it`s kinda simple looking, but it gets the job done I think :D
Captain J

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

Post by Captain J »

Once again, nice website you made! And good to see now we have soundtrack for ROTWB as well.
Justince

Post by Justince »

I like SotWB. It's a game made with love and care. Would try out RotWB soon!

I would buy this and SotWB if it's on Steam.

You should make a bundle along with additional exclusive contents on Steam. You can reach out to a wider audience.
MSPaintR0cks

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

@Justince

I was thinking about releasing this on steam as well... there might be a few legality issues though, mainly because of quite a few sound effects I ripped from other games.
Maybe I could replace them with some royalty free ones in the future... but the feel of the game will be a little different then. :T
(My next game, which I am working on right now, will be released on steam though^^ without any legality problems)
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:Maybe I could replace them with some royalty free ones in the future...
If you ever have an interest in updating the Wool-Ball series, I would like to offer my hand in the work. I actually meant to, several months ago, but never felt like I found the opportunity. Aside from copyright issues, I could suggest or implement improvements such as multiplayer compatibility, among other things...
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:@Justince

I was thinking about releasing this on steam as well... there might be a few legality issues though, mainly because of quite a few sound effects I ripped from other games.
Maybe I could replace them with some royalty free ones in the future... but the feel of the game will be a little different then. :T
(My next game, which I am working on right now, will be released on steam though^^ without any legality problems)
I think you should really do it, these games are worth buying, maybe commission somebody to make some sounds for you? So you don't have to use stock sounds
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I've heard such suggestions in some thread back then. And that sounds not bad, actually! And if you need some help of gathering royalty-free sound effect right now, let me at it! Oh, also graphical update, too.
Justince

Post by Justince »

Ah that's a bummer.... Would itch.io or gamejolt be a better platform than Steam if you can't get any suitable sound effects?

It's cool to see you working on another project. I was wondering if you plan on making a Wool Ball webcomic series which ties-in to the games (like a prequel to SotWB and a mid-quel in between SotWB and RotWB)?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, one question now: When do we get part 3? :-D
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

If part 3 is going to be a thing, what cloth will it be cut from? I nominate Duke Nukem 3D or just Doom.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I think it's going to be probably Quake 1 or 2!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Probably better if it's inspired by Duke Nukem 3D, Quake is not a bad game by any stretch, but the levels and gameplay of quake are better with 3D models that do verticality better. ZDoom's sprite based monsters do not do vertical fights too well in my opinion.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I think Doom would be the right choice when it comes to chronological reasons - Wolf, Rott, Doom, Quake

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”