D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: D4T v2.1 (New version Released 07-19-17)

Post by DBThanatos »

Well, after giving it enough time to breathe, we are releasing the semi final version (semi, because there might still be bugs we'll need to fix at some point).

However, as the video shows, this version has a couple new upgrades tricks in it's sleeve. Just a bit of help for those slaughterwad lovers. Yet, carefully tweaked to still be balanced even in non slaughtermaps.

Remember we also play coop & deathmatch every friday, we organize it through our discord ( https://discord.gg/7mgS6vQ ), and we play mapsets based on votes of our little community.

....::::::Download v2.1 here::::::....

Spoiler: Changelog
Last edited by DBThanatos on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Finally! :D

A small nitpick regarding the changelog, though: I believe it should be "Personal teleporter no longer works after death".
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

First time I've seen this mod, damn those are some fine and smooth gun sprites, nice implementation of D4 mechanics, the mod looks very well made all around.
Despite liking the new doom I like the pace of the classic doom better (even with brutal doom's harder AI), but I recognise a job well done when I see one. :p
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

@Johnny: LOL. Yeah, broken english is broken :P

@LkMax: thanks! i sure hope you give it a shot, also in multiplayer, since it tends to shine there :P
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Bots have become like mad. But they do not dodges they just move randomly and chaotically. :)
DBThanatos

Re: D4T v2.1 (Final Version Released 07-19-17)

Post by DBThanatos »

True. But since we can't actually make the bots "smarter", erratic movement makes them end up dodging attacks as a result. Oddly enough you can get used to the bots vanilla strafing patterns. With this at least spices it up a bit.

So, adding erratic movement + aimbot + bot buffing cvars, they stop being so easy. :P
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i think that with D4T, there should be a little options thing. to have the super shotgun spawn in The Ultimate Doom. it doesn't have to perminatly replace the shotgun, but it could be like a randomizer. that could be something to add into the mod, or at least made as an addon for D4T
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Check out the Crucible addon:
- Added function which determines current IWAD and allows player find super shotgun instead shotgun in Doom and The Ultimate Doom. In settings you can choose automatic, only shotgun, only super shotgun or 50/50. By default this function with automatic parameter.
Keep in mind that it was released before D4T 2.1,though.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i think that with D4T, there should be a little options thing. to have the super shotgun spawn in The Ultimate Doom. it doesn't have to perminatly replace the shotgun, but it could be like a randomizer. that could be something to add into the mod, or at least made as an addon for D4T
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... -d1-v3.pk3
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Downloading for some of the additional effects. :D

I absolutely need those outer rings. :D
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Doomenator wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:i think that with D4T, there should be a little options thing. to have the super shotgun spawn in The Ultimate Doom. it doesn't have to perminatly replace the shotgun, but it could be like a randomizer. that could be something to add into the mod, or at least made as an addon for D4T
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... -d1-v3.pk3
i already know of that, but i'm talking about just the weaponry instead of also adding Doom 2 monsters. D4T could take that concept from that mod, and imply it into the mod itself, and it could be a new feature that'll happen with no need for commands or anything. or it could be added as an option to have for Ultimate Doom
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Check out the Crucible addon:
- Added function which determines current IWAD and allows player find super shotgun instead shotgun in Doom and The Ultimate Doom. In settings you can choose automatic, only shotgun, only super shotgun or 50/50. By default this function with automatic parameter.
Keep in mind that it was released before D4T 2.1,though.
yeah. plus that guy messed with the pistol. if it was left alone, then maybe i would of used that. but yeah
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i already know of that, but i'm talking about just the weaponry instead of also adding Doom 2 monsters. D4T could take that concept from that mod, and imply it into the mod itself, and it could be a new feature that'll happen with no need for commands or anything. or it could be added as an option to have for Ultimate Doom
Just edit DECORATE file. It's easier than write on the forum. :D

edit: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... ssg-v2.pk3
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

There is little bug that's need to fix - siege mode in gauss cannon not working.

UPD: Sorry, i'm just stupid. To use siege mode need just click on LMB not hold. :oops:
kldrc

Post by kldrc »

Sir, thanks for making a great mod!
I have a question:
Do we have any console command to get all weapon mods?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”