Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TerminusEst13

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung V2 Released 09/07/17

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This is definitely a much-needed and much-improved update! You've really done a lot to make this play, feel, and work a lot better, and I'm having a lot of fun with this.

It's really fun to mow down Nazis en masse now, and even swapping back to the pistols isn't bad anymore--they're so quick and responsive! It's really quite wonderful.
I'll have to give a more in-depth run-through another time, but excellent work so far!
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Maybe mod is not perfect but new fixes and features make game more balanced and much easier. Really nice work mate.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

I know it has more guns and the key balance is all off whack but honestly for somethin like this i dont care??? let it be just a big ol slopfest of killin nazis
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

I have testing more game this time, and this is my new suggestions.

Suggestion: remove crosshair when using zoom.

Suggestion: in new sniper rifle move down this red triangle-like thing (dont know word xD) because when you use it you miss. You must aim higher.

Suggestion make ricochet sprites (or particles) yellow and something more like lines not dots. It sholud look much better.

Suggestion: maybe convert this spikey flying ball to sprites or voxels? 3D model fits quite bad imo. Or cut of some frames of animation and pixelize it. I dont know it is possible, but its my suggestion only :) Same for armor powerup.

Suggestion: make silver robots sprites darker, i think it will fit much better to "nazis sci-fi".

I think game mechanics is quite good now, maybe some small weapons/enemies rebalance and fixes is needed, but you should focus more on graphics now imo. Good work. Think about my old suggestions, maybe some can make experience better?
Deii

Post by Deii »

Yes, indeed, this update really fixed all of the issues with V1 - you also get to make puns about V2 reaching new levels of awesome just like the V2 would have caused quite some ruckus if it had been launched, huehuehue

Still playing, though. Things are really fun now, even though I'm kinda disappointed the double barreled shotgun doesn't have a crazy rate of fire (which is good for shells and balance) or a dual wield mode. Also, just a suggestion on the DP-65 (which I recall being somewhat mad at you about): just make it so getting another one or a backpack upgrades it to fire in full auto, with no need to pump it or anything. That kinda bothers me due to reasons.

EDIT: just remembered that the V2s were indeed used. Whoops!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I haven't tested yet, but it seems like Yukes did that for me! Fuck. I'm gonna have to give him the mod! HAHAHAHA

But, kiddings apart, not only he got that fixed (according to him, i haven't seen the anims yet), but he also worked on custom deaths for the player!!! And recently, Wiw gave me the blessing on authorizing me to use his status bar code from TNO!!!

So far, what can we expect on V3:

- Less messy weapon akimbos
- New ADS sprites for some weapons
- Custom player sprites and deaths
- Better DP-65 anims
- a whole new status bar
- IF GOD MAY BE MERCIFUL, a weapon pack and it's Heretic Compatibility
- If Sensei LedIris have the time to hear my calling, some new effects on player health. ;)

Also, HUEHUEHUEHUE BRBRBRBRBR
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

i still would love to see a enemies stand alone version if its possible.
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

Loved the Maschinengewehr 1992. "Lurdinha" is beautiful.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Then i believe you know why the Brazilian soldiers on WWII called it like that? :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

im surprised that you made the double barrel shotgun, which was to be an automatic shotgun, its even in the name, a slower gun ahaha
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

heheheh, yeah. I don't remember if i sent you the very beta of it but this one had a crazy ROF, and that was good for some, bad for others, and, considering it overkilled a cybbie in less than 6 seconds, i've changed rules. But i can rework it to remove that annoying recharge, though.
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

GAA1992 wrote:Then i believe you know why the Brazilian soldiers on WWII called it like that? :D
Yep, I imagine what happened to the soldier when his fiancée found out about that... (to quote them: "A cobra vai fumar...").
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Suggestion: add hotkey to grende throwing.

Suggestion: in mp40 like weapon aiming through iron sights cause misses in mid range combat (sight is below crosshair). You must aim lower to hit. Rise a little bit sprite or something.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, i wanted to take some weeks long, and come back with another kick-ass long update, but...

It had the risk of me forgetting what changed and bring an incomplete changelog;
Also, it is becoming better and better for you guys not to play it.

So, i've updated the game again!!!

Big thanks to YukesVonFaust for another load of changes on some aesthetic things and Wiw for the all brand new status bar from TNO!!! Hooray!
Spoiler:
Get psyched!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

Why you removed the Orpo and Kriegsmarine?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”