Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks Term!

As good news for you, most of those issues are fixed, i just need to work better the ammo drops. Some sounds (mainly gunfire) changed, but they keep more consistency and oomph than it's predecessors. The PSX Medal of Honor explosion sounds are my favorites since i started this. They won't change :)

I can't promise a v2 tomorrow, but P R O B A B L Y I'll have something done during the week.

Edit: the difficulty names were taken from Blood 2 : the chosen.
Deii

Post by Deii »

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, dropping in late to say all this is good and that I'm going to wait for the update before spewing feedback all over this little text box.

. . .

Okay, maybe not. The double barreled shotgun is functioning differently than it did in the prerelease, it shoots once, reloads, shoots once, reloads. Not sure if it's intentional or not but it makes it less fun to use (i.e. you can't kill a cyberdemon in under 20 seconds flat with it).
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

another thing i noticed is the shadow under the deathknight please get rid of it, that kinda thing might be fine for wolf 3d but it doesn't fit too well in doom 2.
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Suggestion: Make game easier or make more difficult settings, because game is quite hard even on lowest difficult setting, i think newbie player cant handle this modification. Maybe lower a bit damage taken form basic nazis.

Suggestion: double ammo limits, ammo limits is ridiculousy low. Make ammo drops a little bit bigger, especially heavy ammo.

Suggestion: make granade launcher more powerful, its quite weak weapon imo.

Suggestion: add zoom to this fg42 like explosive rifle, make it more powerful.

Suggestion: remove recoil from energy weapons, tesla and flamethrower

Suggestion: make dual wield weapon similar to Project brutality as a weapon special state or mode, not as seperate weapon because weapon cycling is messsssssssy.

Suggestion: make SSG more powerful and make spread bigger. SSG compared to double shotguns are useless because is so slow and damage is not to great.

Suggestion: make robots more badass. One robot is easier enemy than several nazis.

Suggestion: add zoom to STG-60 weapon

Bug report: when holding alt fire and using mp-40 like weapon, continuously zooming in and out. But super sniper nazi carabine works perfectyl.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Guys, i don't know if anyone noticed, and probably not, but i took off the main link for a little time.

If everything runs OK, i'll release the beta V2 today, and it fixes MANY of the suggestions/feedback/bugs noticed.

Expect news soon!!!
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Sounds good.

Good mod at all, i like sci-fi + nazi :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung V2 RELEASED

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Beta V2 is released people!!!

It fixes many stuffs you all suggested and reported, but not all of them. The reasons are many. Either i couldn't find a good solution, or i couldn't reproduce the mentioned bug, or even i had to discard one idea to give place to another one. It doesn't mean i've discarded everything else, though! I'm still working full time on this!

But don't be sad!!! Here's what you can expect from this new update, with a GREAT SPECIAL THANKS to YukesVonFaust:
Spoiler:
Hope you guys like this one.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung V2 Released 09/07/17

Post by armymen12002003 »

just tried the new version great job it fells more balanced now.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I highly suggest removing splashing from all the casings. Could also be a problem with playing Brutal Doom monsters only with this as it may cause lag for some people since the splashes in that mod create TONS of particles. Also, the sound is just annoying in general. If you'd like you can leave the splashing in but make a new effect for when casing fall into water (smaller more subtle splash, softer and different sound). Also, like your previous mods you forgot about adding delays to barrel explosions (and maybe even an animation for the frames before they explode?). Lastly, it would be nice to use a key for dual wielding instead of having them assigned as different weapons in the same slot as it can make weapon swapping take long and fill up the list.

Everything else is really cool though. Keep up the good work.
Doomenator

Re: (BETA) Kriegsland : Blutordnung V2 RELEASED

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:Beta V2 is released people!!!
Can you add the option to turn off the ricochet? In my opinion it doesn't look very good, especially when shoot at the water.
Spoiler:
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

It seems that you made many improvements on this, good job!

Btw, it is okay to you if i made an addon for this mod?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@Doomenator, sure! I'll do something for it.

@VladTopol1706 YES!!! Please! I really like your works too :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Just started playing this tonight. Not bad at all!

Where is the screenshot in the OP coming from, though? It looks like a WWII-themed mapset.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks! The map is called Warwick. I unfortunately can't help with links since i don't remember where i got it. But if you do find, remember to exclude some custom player classes that come inside it, or you won't be able to play with custom gameplay wads. :)

Oh yeah, also:
Someone64 wrote:I highly suggest removing splashing from all the casings. Could also be a problem with playing Brutal Doom monsters only with this as it may cause lag for some people since the splashes in that mod create TONS of particles. Also, the sound is just annoying in general. If you'd like you can leave the splashing in but make a new effect for when casing fall into water (smaller more subtle splash, softer and different sound). Also, like your previous mods you forgot about adding delays to barrel explosions (and maybe even an animation for the frames before they explode?). Lastly, it would be nice to use a key for dual wielding instead of having them assigned as different weapons in the same slot as it can make weapon swapping take long and fill up the list.

Everything else is really cool though. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I'll see what i can do about barrels and casings. About Akimbos, i've moved all akimbos to slot 0 and all weapons call their pair with altfire key. I also've moved the ADS mode to the Zoom key and gave the Luger an ADS mode. But it'll be only implemented officialy on the next update.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Would there be a possibility to switch functionality between the zoom and altfire key? (it wouldn't matter i guess if there's no weapons with alt fires aside from plain zooming as people can rebind it without issue)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”