High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TerminusEst13

Re: [WIP] High Noon Drifter - Drink your milk.

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Wow, I skip one day in order to focus on stuff and instantly I get two more pages. I'm sincerely flattered that y'all are so interested in the arsenal, and I appreciate the suggestions! Thank you!

J and Weasel are correct, however, in that the arsenal setup is already decided on. And as of today, all of them are implemented!
I slapped the last bits of code on stuff and distributed the last test build out to folks--if everything goes well, nothing explodes, and there's no extreme game-breaker stuff, this should be ready for release Soon(TM). All that'll be left is making and slotting in a couple bits more graphical stuff.

In the meantime, have a couple more screenshots.

gabriellstubb wrote:New to all this apart from playing mods. Anybody have some advice on how to comment out that weapon?
Looking forward to HND btw. Definitely going to be a keeper.
Commenting out something is simply a matter of putting // at the start of the line.
The weapon in question is the AK47, dropped by the Rapid Fire Troopers. So all you'd need to do is type // at the start of their DropItem line.
...save as a separate file and don't pass it around, of course. Editing and distributing without permission is kind of an iffy area! :P
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Wait, I am confused. I thought this mod was going to leave the monsters untouched.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

It is. Those pictures are demonstrating that it can be used with your monster mod of choice.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Oh? Where are those screenshots from, then?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

The second is A Fistful of Doom, which won a 1995 Cacoward before they were called Cacowards. The third is Scythe 2 with WildWeasel's Nazis mod, and the last is Plutonia with Brutal something or another, probably Johnny because that seems to be the most respected around these parts. As for the first, I'm not sure, but the orange sky makes me think of Alien Vendetta while the something-different-i-can't-put-my-finger-on of the gibbed corpses makes me think of Smooth Doom.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

SiFi270 wrote:The second is A Fistful of Doom, which won a 1995 Cacoward before they were called Cacowards. The third is Scythe 2 with WildWeasel's Nazis mod, and the last is Plutonia with Brutal something or another, probably Johnny because that seems to be the most respected around these parts. As for the first, I'm not sure, but the orange sky makes me think of Alien Vendetta while the something-different-i-can't-put-my-finger-on of the gibbed corpses makes me think of Smooth Doom.
umm... the third one isn't running on wildweasel's nazis.
it was HorrorMovieGuy's Bratwurst Monsters.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Is non-Doom IWAD support on the table?
I was the one who mentioned the whip makes things like Hexen's bell disappear in the /vr/ thread
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

SiFi270 wrote:The second is A Fistful of Doom, which won a 1995 Cacoward before they were called Cacowards. The third is Scythe 2 with WildWeasel's Nazis mod, and the last is Plutonia with Brutal something or another, probably Johnny because that seems to be the most respected around these parts. As for the first, I'm not sure, but the orange sky makes me think of Alien Vendetta while the something-different-i-can't-put-my-finger-on of the gibbed corpses makes me think of Smooth Doom.
Pretty sure the first one is Hell Revealed 2. I forgot which map that is tho.
gabriellstubb

Post by gabriellstubb »

Thanks Term that really was deceptively simple and nah I like to stay away from iffy things.

Not much left to add. Hoping for some badass title and intermission screen music!
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

amv2k9 wrote:Is non-Doom IWAD support on the table?
I was the one who mentioned the whip makes things like Hexen's bell disappear in the /vr/ thread
Something I would very, very, very, very much like to do! Won't be in the initial release, though.

And yeah, I remember that report! That's actually one thing I've been fiddling with. See, the way the whip works is that on hitting an actor, it rolls a 1d10 for painchance, with the d getting smaller as the enemy's HP drops lower and lower, and then forces the Pain state.
Shootable items like that...don't have a painstate. So I've been fiddling with how to circumvent that. I've got a couple ideas, but I'll be trying to implement them in the v1.1 build, after I release v1.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

hell yea ntcmsyab
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Holy sweet mother of all that is holy I can't fucking wait for this!!
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Shootable items like that...don't have a painstate. So I've been fiddling with how to circumvent that. I've got a couple ideas, but I'll be trying to implement them in the v1.1 build, after I release v1.
Isn't there just a function that lets you find if an actor has a state or not? I could've sworn I've seen it before.
mentha

Post by mentha »

is there a cvar to give yourself the "footsteps with spurs" sound effects to your walking
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

So you wanna see what the BFG can do, huh?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”