No HUD/menu in screenshots when OpenGL canvas is ised

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

No HUD/menu in screenshots when OpenGL canvas is ised

Post by Guest »

When I capture screenshots in software mode with OpenGL canvas, menu and HUD parts are fully black. At the same time, everything is fine with SDL canvas.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: No HUD/menu in screenshots when OpenGL canvas is ised

Post by wildweasel »

We may need more information. What operating system are you running? How are you taking the screenshots (i.e. using your operating system's screen capture function, or using the "screenshot" console command)? ZDoom/GZDoom version? Video hardware and driver version?

Post by Guest »

Code: Select all

GZDoom g3.1.0 - 2017-05-31 12:11:33 +0200 - SDL version
Compiled on Jun  1 2017
Linux x86_64

Of course, I use the console command.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

While this does not fix the bug, a work-around is to use "vid_hw2d false" before taking the screenshot. In fact, I'm thinking about putting in code that does exactly this for the one screenshot frame and then restores the original value, if the GLSWFB is being used, at least as a work-around until this can be properly fixed.

Return to “Classic ("Carmack") Software Renderer Bugs”