Juvenile Power Fantasy v1.1 "Crashing"! (Link Restored)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
comet1337

Re: [WIP] Juvenile Power Fantasy - I Like It Fast...

Post by comet1337 »

so why was this codenamed 'obelisk' before?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

comet1337 wrote:so why was this codenamed 'obelisk' before?
I'm superstitious about talking about my mods too soon. If I do it before a certain point, I'll invariably abandon them. I tried cheating things this time around by talking about it and getting feedback from friends without actually saying the name. It seems to be working out, as silly as it is.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

One of the features I'm happiest with so far with JPF is the Mutator system.

Simply put, there's a collection of CVars you can access from the Difficulty Select menu that let you customize the game to a deeper degree. I fully intend on adding more in the future, but here's a summary of what I have so far:

Health Multiplier: Increase or decrease the starting health of all monsters. Ranges from 25% of defaults to a whopping 10x.
Reloading: Toggles reloading for your weapons... or for the monsters. Yeah, some monsters need to reload their own weapons too. It's only fair.
Antsy Beasties: Monsters will actively roam around idly instead of sitting still and waiting for you. Monsters will do this anyway if they lose their target after being woken up (ie. if they kill your ass)
Monster Strats: Toggles some monsters trying different things movement-wise - for example, some flying projectile monsters like the Heretic Wizard will actively backpeddle if you get too close. If you turn this off, all monsters will just fucking beeline towards you, which can be intense!
Rocket Man!: Nearly everything shoots rockets at you. Fun.
Co-Op Buddies: Spawns friendly monsters of your choice at the co-op player spawns. You can't collide with or actively shoot these monsters (you CAN blow them up, though), and they will teleport to your location if you get around 1024 units away without being able to see them.
Hideous Mode: Reduces player speed to a fraction of normal. Any damage taken causes you to start bleeding uncontrollably, draining health unless you can find a health item.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Kinsie wrote: Hideous Mode: Reduces player speed to a fraction of normal. Any damage taken causes you to start bleeding uncontrollably, draining health unless you can find a health item.
Oh boy! I get to run around with my guts hanging out! It's only right to enable Rocket Man at the same time. Have fun dodging those rockets with Decreased speed... What what chaingunners be like? Would they fire a continuous stream of rockets at you?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

About rocket man, you're right. Eyup. Literally. You're going to experience the ICBM simulator if that's turned on.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Now... We turn that on and run NUTs and... Oh. There are 932 rockets flying at me... Welp...

*Cough* Anyways, I seriously cannot wait for this mod. Those options do look really interesting, but I am curious what kind of options will be added in the future.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

SoulCircle wrote:What what chaingunners be like? Would they fire a continuous stream of rockets at you?
Probably not. Enemies that fire multiple projectiles at once under normal circumstances (Shotgun Guy, for example) already just fire a single rocket. I'll probably do something similar for rapid-fire enemies (I'll probably make an exception for the Spiderdemon, though!)
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Sounds interesting! I cannot wait to hear what comes of the chaingunners and stuff like that.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Real life has been intruding on me the last couple of days, but I've been working on additional functionality, like more third-person animations for the player character. It's been a fun challenge to take on!

I've also been doing some work on getting monsters up to code. Some are pretty similar, while others... not so much.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

ill be frank, a lot of those monster noises come off really repetitive/annoying, and i get the whole sphiel of juvenility but dang have some limits ahaha
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well, in children's power fantasy, those kind of annoyance exists. Because they're no-good bad guys, after all! :P
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Kinsie wrote:others... not so much.
So... The hovering enemies in Duke Nukem 3D with a fuse basically? I never thought of that. Keep up the great work, gets me excited for an actual release!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates. Real life kind of kicked my ass a bit. Here's a few things I've been doing recently. I'm an adult.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now that's what i call, Skullfcuk.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It's rare for me to say this about gameplay mods in general, but this is one I definitely would not mind trying out when it becomes available. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”