[BETA7] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic and Hexen

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dark-Assassin

Re: [BETA6] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Str

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Got no more items to replace with them, even every item in Hexen has a replacement.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Dark-Assassin wrote:Got no more items to replace with them, even every item in Hexen has a replacement.
Randomize them.
Make a chance for them to spawn in place of their variants (Plasma Gun in place of Thunderbolt, Widowmaker Shotgun in place of Super Shotgun, Blood Axe in place of the Chainsaw/Lasergun)
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I'm honestly not a fan of random spawners in a full replacement mod like this.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Can I ask a pedantic tweak?

I play Q with Heretic and I really enjoy it. However, the Gas Pods are replaced by those Quakey nuclear box things. While I can see the thinking behind it I just find it really incongruous and in some maps it looks pretty ugly (to me).

Would it be possible to have an option to not replace the Gas Pods or even a mutator?

Regardless, thanks for your hard work and thanks for sharing. :)
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

In the next version, their texture ends up being a TNT crate (from a quake mod) rather than the steel volatile one. All ammo also have unique textures in Heretic and Hexen, especially with their model change.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

^
Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the update. :)
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

I'm liking this mod for what I've played out of it so far. Nice work!
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I'm almost done with Beta 7, just really need to add some shell ejecting (seen from a few Quake mods) and that should be it
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Are you still working on this? Just wondering because it has almost been a month since the last post.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Yea, I am although it's been quite slow lately. Blame my sudden modding focus for Terraria.
Aside from just adding the shell ejecting, I needed to fix a bunch of bugs related to Zandronum online. Few of which still need some fixes
Oh, and another bug I need to figure out how to fix, the shell casings don't move with platforms if I stop their momentum in any way. Even with +FLOORCLIP and +FLOORHUGGER. So, I have to make them keep bouncing even if it's a micro amount to make them move with platforms, but sometimes they will slide along the floor which is annoying...
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Now that Voxels are a thing, are you considering the idea of replacing pickups with them?
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Yea, I may.

Also, bug fixing has been slow, but things are almost ready for release. Blame Zandronum's netcode for some things not working online.

Final bug to fix is why it crashes randomly on Zandronum
Dark-Assassin

Re: [BETA7] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic and Hexen

Post by Dark-Assassin »

New Update
Beta 7 Changes
  • Changed map checks to check for map lump names instead
  • Added particle registering and limits. The limit is defined by the cvar r_maxparticles.
  • Changed all particle scaling and fading to ACS
  • Added older GZTilt by Nash, but with edits to allow death tilts too (Doesn't do anything in Zandronum)
  • Particles will now scale and fade out properly according to their ReactionTime regardless of type
  • Smoke particles will start at half scale and end at double scale
  • Added blast like sprites from Quake 3 for things like puff sparks, blood and projectile explosions
  • Added the explosion sprite from Quake 3 for all explosions
  • Explosions on floor and ceiling will direct their particles accordingly
  • Reduced particles from the Teleport effect
  • Removed hacky glowmaps from models, dynamic lights do enough for now
  • Changed all ammo box models to ones from Arcane Dimensions Quake mod, tweaked textures though
  • Added various backpack textures for different types of ammo from AD
  • Changed ammo give to match the ammo shown on the boxes (Some more, some less)
  • Doubled starting Shell and Nail ammo maximums to vanilla Quake, but large backpack still doubles that
  • Increased scale of the large backpack full of ammo
  • Restored Yellow Armor back from Blue Armor
  • Explosive box textures tweaked, increased delay before explosion, models show expanding animation before blowing, models show bottom of box left over from explosion, can respawn after 60 seconds now
  • Restored player radius to Doom defaults
  • Added 2 other player classes, but they are just pretty much skins. They don't feature nearly as much sounds.
  • Tweaked the Enemy Player actor a bit
  • Doubled all damage from weapons, but halved that damage done to players to keep the DM balance
  • Removed the slight random damages from all projectiles
  • Overhauled the Grenade's code to use variables instead of inventory
  • Increased Laser Rifle's attack speed by 2 tics
  • Added visual ricocheted nails when they spark against a surface, will last for 60 seconds before disappearing
  • Removed Small and Homing rockets as they were unused
  • Added visual ejected shells to Shotgun and Super Shotgun, will disappear after 60 seconds.
  • Changed Shotgun and SuperShotgun to fire fast projectiles rather than hitscan, much like in AD but faster
  • Made the Thunderbolt's flash state play the animation in a random order instead of in order
  • Reduced Thunderbolt's hit particles
  • Made Thunderbolt play it's lightning sound twice as often
  • Overhauled HUD code. Powerups and keys will now align to a side with no gaps, includes Hexen and Strife keys but they display just above it. Had to write a script to output the sbarinfo code for that.
  • Halved the particle sprite resolution
  • Replaced Health, Explosive Box, Ammo, Invisibility, keys and rune models to ones from AD and ripped sprites accordingly
  • Increased detail on Spike models
  • Replaced a few weapon pickup models to ones from AD
  • Replaced the Laser Rifle model and sprites to a recoloured Plasma Rifle from AD
  • Added soft land sound from Unreal. Other land sounds will still play.
  • Adjusted a bunch of sprite offsets
  • Removed some sprite frames and rotations and added them back using textures
  • Removed decaldef and made projectiles use vanilla decal definitions directly
  • Tweaked Dynamic Lights more
  • Separated modeldef files
  • Separated textures files
  • Added models and particles for all Doom and Skulltag Monster projectiles. Heretic and Hexen only has the particles.
  • All monster projectile sizes are halved and damage unrandomised. They also add a tiny bit of inaccuracy when fired.
  • Made Shotgunguy and Super Shotgunguy fire the Shotgun projectiles instead of hitscan with half the speed. Can now be dodged at a distance, but are still deadly.
  • Made Doom's RocketAmmo drop Cells instead of Rockets
  • Made Doom's CellAmmo drop Rockets instead of Cells
  • Made Doom's RocketLauncher drop the Super Nailgun instead of the Grenade Launcher
  • Made Doom's PlasmaRifle drop the Grenade Launcher instead of the Super Nailgun
  • Added Heretic and Hexen specific Item textures and models from AD, such as boxes being wood, health being oversized potions and explosive boxes being TNT
  • Removed all health changes from monsters as overall weapon damage was doubled.
  • Removed a few items from Skulltag's Random Powerup
  • Made Skulltag's Minigun drop the Super Shotgun instead of the Super Nailgun
  • Made Skulltag's Railgun drop the Rocket Launcher instead of the Thunderbolt
  • Made Skulltag's Grenade Launcher drop the Super Nailgun instead of the Rocket Launcher
  • Removed Strife support for now as it needs a lot of work
  • Possibly a few minor things I missed. I just compared most of the files.
Download Beta 7

Patches For Zandronum and ZDoom older than 2.8.1
Doom Patch
Heretic Patch
Hexen Patch
Skulltag Patch
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

can't move at all in GZDoom. Suddenly, Doom Bindings were wiped.

Doesn't relate to the PWAD, tho... Now I wonder WHAT wiped it.

Now it crashed for no apparent reason in GZDoom. I guess it might have something to do with how scripts are started and finished, happened in Map01 of Doom 2, could not replicate.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

The crashes are being investigated. I unintentionally and unknowingly reduced them by heaps, but it still happenes every now and then and cannot find the source of it.
Good ol Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to read address 000000000000001C), or Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to read address 0000000E) on Zandronum.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”