MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jeimuzu73

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Well, the MG's fire rate could be sped up significantly by halving the "bright" frames' duration to 1 instead of 2.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Out of curiosity, I used DTDsphere's DPS map to see the difference between the vanilla chaingun and the MetaDoom machinegun. While the data is probably a bit coarse due to only five trials each, it should work. Vanilla = 86.7 DPS MetaDoom = 69.7 DPS. Which feels off to me, considering it felt more powerful than the vanilla one, though I apparently am the only one to think so.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I thought gameplay-wise, the Doom 3 SMG worked exactly like the classic chaingun, while the pistol, Plasma Rifle and BFG were the ones with differences in their pirmary fires.
Maybe it's just the "feel" of the weapon.
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

IMHO, the Machine Gun should be left the way it is. She'll be your main workhorse until you get "Kinsie's Buzzsaw" (the Chaingun), plus you have mini-rockets as it's alt-fire. Putting more damage onto it would break the balance on it's tier.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And that's what i said before! When ammo is getting low, try to switch to different weapon that suits you most!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I know this is random, but we may have an issue (I loaded Ultimate DOOM and the MetaDoom WADS): https://i.imgur.com/A6qE4r6.png
Last edited by wildweasel on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Screenshot too large, URL-ified it instead. Read the Image Posting Rules under Rules & Announcements!
TechnoDoomed1

Post by TechnoDoomed1 »

I think those are for Consolation Prize?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yes, that is exactly what they are. MetaDoom has some spawners in place for stuff that is not normally in Doom. So once again, this is 100% harmless to normal gameplay.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i think my biggest problem so far has been the hud. i think the zoomed hud should be simpler, doom 64-styled, maybe?
edit: do you plan on adding the doom 3 berserk?
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

LossForWords wrote: edit: do you plan on adding the doom 3 berserk?
Really freaking overpowered if you find it, since in Doom 3 it made you invincible and do 1000+ damage per punch, as well as a speed boost.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I thought the D3 Berserk was already added, because it has a time limit. but increases damage and speed, while also giving you 100 health like the original and allowing you to drop more health.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

TootsyBowl wrote:
LossForWords wrote: edit: do you plan on adding the doom 3 berserk?
Really freaking overpowered if you find it, since in Doom 3 it made you invincible and do 1000+ damage per punch, as well as a speed boost.
i thought it would be cool as a rare pickup of sorts, possibly replacing the invulnerability.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

When it comes to MetaDoom's randomization, do you try to make it where every enemy/weapon/whatever appears in a wad/mapset, even if it's only once?
Because i'm playing it with Doom 64 and whether this is about the number of levels compared to D2 or the enemy placement in the levels, the only Spectre variant that showed up was the Sawcubus, even with the Trites addition enabled and i thought Trites usually only showed up in earlier levels.

Edit: Weapons that didn't show up were LG, Gauss Cannon, Soul Cube and the Hologram, by the way.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

whatup876 wrote:When it comes to MetaDoom's randomization, do you try to make it where every enemy/weapon/whatever appears in a wad/mapset, even if it's only once?
Because i'm playing it with Doom 64 and whether this is about the number of levels compared to D2 or the enemy placement in the levels, the only Spectre variant that showed up was the Sawcubus, even with the Trites addition enabled and i thought Trites usually only showed up in earlier levels.

Edit: Weapons that didn't show up were LG, Gauss Cannon, Soul Cube and the Hologram, by the way.
I'm pretty sure certain enemies like the Nightmare Imp, the Nightmare Spectre, and the Trites only spawn when the sector they're in is below a certain light level. Holograms spawn near Haste Spheres if I remember correctly (in other words, where invisibility spheres used to be). As for the weapons, you're probably just unlucky.

EDIT: Alright I was subtle about it before but now I'll be clear.

MetaDoom Monsters Only Edition.pls
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

TootsyBowl wrote:
whatup876 wrote:When it comes to MetaDoom's randomization, do you try to make it where every enemy/weapon/whatever appears in a wad/mapset, even if it's only once?

I'm pretty sure certain enemies like the Nightmare Imp, the Nightmare Spectre, and the Trites only spawn when the sector they're in is below a certain light level. Holograms spawn near Haste Spheres if I remember correctly (in other words, where invisibility spheres used to be). As for the weapons, you're probably just unlucky.

EDIT: Alright I was subtle about it before but now I'll be clear.

MetaDoom Monsters Only Edition.pls
I wonder how many dark areas featured Spectres, because i wonder if the size of a room (like whether or not the ceiling is low enough) could be a factor for Nightmare Spectres and Trites.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”