[Resource] [Weapons] Captain J's SnapShooting Workshop 2!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Resource] [Weapons] Captain J's SnapShooting Workshop

Post by wildweasel »

Requests ought to go to the Resource Request Thread, not to specific authors.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Wildweasel said it right. Requests always have to go to Resource Request thread. And yet, i don't take requests anymore unless i see some interesting requests in said thread.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Ahh. Thanks on that tho.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hahah, wow. It's been a loooong time since i made sprite out of something. And finally someone made Terminator plasma rifle model for Half-Life 2.

Original by Chyvachok at Gamebanana.com.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

ImageProbably not my proud sprites, but since Half-Life 3's story concept has been revealed, why not?

All sprites taken from this video. And i'd like to remake some of them. If anyone has High quality pic of such weapons, let me know.
Chyvachok

Post by Chyvachok »

Nice idea about making sprites from Half-Life 2 weapons, also you can decompile Half-Life 2 models with "Crowbar" tool, into smd format, if you want for example open these models in modeling program like 3DS Max if you use any, and when for example place camera and make more quality screen shots, or for example move models and make centered versions of sprites. You can found beta weapon models in Missing Information mod for example.

Also nice to see sprites of that Terminator gun which I ported to Half-Life 2 from Fallout 3 mod, I'm not very happy with model quality, but its best available model of that gun which I found.

If you want make sprites from first Half-Life you can check Paranoia 2 Model Viewer, it have build in editor, so you can open HL models in it, change position from first person and make screenshot in it: https://gamebanana.com/tools/6112
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

Chyvachok wrote:Nice idea about making sprites from Half-Life 2 weapons, also you can decompile Half-Life 2 models with "Crowbar" tool, into smd format, if you want for example open these models in modeling program like 3DS Max if you use any, and when for example place camera and make more quality screen shots, or for example move models and make centered versions of sprites. You can found beta weapon models in Missing Information mod for example.

Also nice to see sprites of that Terminator gun which I ported to Half-Life 2 from Fallout 3 mod, I'm not very happy with model quality, but its best available model of that gun which I found.

If you want make sprites from first Half-Life you can check Paranoia 2 Model Viewer, it have build in editor, so you can open HL models in it, change position from first person and make screenshot in it: https://gamebanana.com/tools/6112
I agree with this, the Paranoia model viewer allows you to not only change positions like in Jed's HLMV, but you can actually APPLY, save the position of the model, and even use it in game, Jed's is nicfe, too, but I recommend Paranoia id youre going to edit models or anything along those lines, Jed's has a few options like transparency and such, but Paranoia AUTOMATICALLY changes the v_ model into first person perspective, and also plays muzzleflash spritesz uf the model has any, but free look is disabled in v_ models ,so you cant just view the model freely like in Jed's, highly suggest using it, I've found out about it by accident,lol.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sounds like a good idea, and it seems very useful than Zed's HLMV that i used for long time. Thanks for your recommendation!
Chyvachok wrote:Nice idea about making sprites from Half-Life 2 weapons, also you can decompile Half-Life 2 models with "Crowbar" tool, into smd format, if you want for example open these models in modeling program like 3DS Max if you use any, and when for example place camera and make more quality screen shots, or for example move models and make centered versions of sprites. You can found beta weapon models in Missing Information mod for example.

Although i can't use any kind of 3DS Max things, but Paranoia 2 would help. And same to you. Much appreciated for sharing said model viewer! It looks i can rip them all better.

And what a surprise! The creator of the model i sprited actually replied to me! And yeah, i'm not a big fan of that quality. Since some weapons including GoldSrc 2 ones were all taken from screenshots.
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

Captain J wrote:Sounds like a good idea, and it seems very useful than Zed's HLMV that i used for long time. Thanks for your recommendation!

Although i can't use any kind of 3DS Max things, but Paranoia 2 would help. And same to you. Much appreciated for sharing said model viewer! It looks i can rip them all better.

And what a surprise! The creator of the model i sprited actually replied to me! And yeah, i'm not a big fan of that quality. Since some weapons including GoldSrc 2 ones were all taken from screenshots.
No problem! Before "losing" (It's actually wprking but is missing the PASSWORD...) I have edited some of my modecl's positios, and honestly, the model origin customization feature makes it way easier to do it in 3Ds Max or Milkshape 3D. It's the best option for both modelers and/or model rippers, many cool features in it, but removes the fullscreen display tab, but it's not like you are going to use it anyway. 3rd edit: Damn, didn't know you weren't talking to me, I'm a moron.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Uhh i was actually talking to you two, quoted and unquoted. Sorry if i confused ya, but yeah, it's still helpful!
Clocky

Post by Clocky »

Captain J wrote:Uhh i was actually talking to you two, quoted and unquoted. Sorry if i confused ya, but yeah, it's still helpful!
Oh, uh, okay, thankies!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It looks pretty dull and i feel still outrageous that i need to pay to use this mod... But hey. It looks really awesome and wanted to make sprite out of it.

Credit goes to Bethsda's Creation Club. Some sprites were taken from following videos;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6SuImbQ2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6C0KRocvo
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I think we finally have our angled BFG for the full modern angled weapon collection :)

Looking real sweet, J !
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I think finally Bedestha did something really great for the doom community. Again! Many thanks!
Clocky

Post by Clocky »

Captain J wrote:Image
It looks pretty dull and i feel still outrageous that i need to pay to use this mod... But hey. It looks really awesome and wanted to make sprite out of it.

Credit goes to Bethsda's Creation Club. Some sprites were taken from following videos;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6SuImbQ2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6C0KRocvo
Holy crap mate, If I could see colors in this thing I'd be even more impressed, that looks fantastic.
Edit: the muzzle looks one pixel rotaded or something, but other than that, it looks great as the first legitmately angled BFG 9000. 8-)

Return to “Resources”