[KDiZD] Official Trailer Released

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Official Trailer Released

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, some may say it is just another uninteresting hype to keep you guys on your toes, others may say it is another change to find out more about the project itself (wether in a positive or negative way). I won't say much about it on my own, just watch it and feel free to say or do whatever you want to say or do, as long as you don't break the following rules:

- If you don't want to watch the trailer because you hate KDiZD, don't tell us, nobody's interested in this
- The maps are still under developement, the trailer is a preview, so the final product might look different
- In the end, the trailer says "The Way It Was Meant To Be", this statement isn't connected to Episode 1 or Doom itself either, so don't start to discuss this issue over and over again (it is our personal view how it was meant to be, so there is nothing you can criticize at all)
- Don't insult anyone just because he likes or doesn't like the trailer, be fair and criticize objective

Ok, that said, here we go with the trailers :) I made 2 versions in Quicktime MOV format (so you need the latest Quicktime 5.0 to run them, get it here), so both, DialUp users and BroadBand users have something from the work I have done :)

High Quality Version (16,6MB)
Low Quality Version (3,3MB)

HighRes Mirror #1
HighRes Mirror #1

So have fun with the trailer and stay tuned... I can feel it... it is close... :)[/url]
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Cool trailer. Perhaps it's a little long. What I mean by that is is has the feel of a teaser trailer, and they are usually shorter, but it hangs together well and I like it. It shows off quite a bit but doesn't give too much away and clearly shows a few places where Zdoom features are being used. The levels actually look more Ep1-ish than perhaps I expected.

:thumb:

[edit]Oh yeah, I use "media player classic" to watch mov files. It's a freware app that aims to behave and look like earlier versions of MS Media player - but supports more formats.[/edit]

Last edited by Enjay on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

:thumb: from me boss.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thx for the feedback ;) It took me about 8 hours to complete the trailer as it is now :) Well, but that was my first movie work ever so I think it is okay ;)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

What did you use to grab the vids? I use Fraps (new version out yesterday BTW). However, my first ZDoom video was done using a console macro that grabbed a series of screen shots - then I put them all together using Autodesk Animator, and added sound effects on afterwards. That took about 2 days to make a less professional end product.

Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Doesn't Fraps lag your system (with newer games)?

I've been using a TV tuner to record games. Its a rather bizarre process but the only thing that really gets affected is my loading time, there is allmost no effect on how well the games run.

(as for how I use the TV tuner, I'm using it as a second monitor then using iuvcr to record from it).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, I used "Camtasia Studio 2.0" for that, it is a bit more comfortable than FRAPS and also faster and more flexible. For the post-production of my video I used first at all "Ulead Video Studio 8.0" (the trial) and after that, I compressed the videos with the "Sorenson Media Squeezer 4.0" (trial) :) And, well, here it is for your viewing pleasuer!
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yeah camtasia is great. I haven't fully mastered it's power yet but I shall.... eventually

Downloading teh vid
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Needs more detail ;)

/me strafes
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Too much SSG usage in the trailer. Other than that's it's quite good.
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Enjay wrote:Cool trailer. Perhaps it's a little long. What I mean by that is is has the feel of a teaser trailer, and they are usually shorter, but it hangs together well and I like it. It shows off quite a bit but doesn't give too much away and clearly shows a few places where Zdoom features are being used. The levels actually look more Ep1-ish than perhaps I expected.

:thumb:

[edit]Oh yeah, I use "media player classic" to watch mov files. It's a freware app that aims to behave and look like earlier versions of MS Media player - but supports more formats.[/edit]

To The KDiZD team: Good looking movie. VERY E1ish :thumb: :thumb: I cant wait.

To Enjay: Thanks for telling me about MPC, I hate Quick Time with a passion (its an Apple product, therefore deserving of my loathing).
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

The levels look great, everything looks great.... But then I noticed it uses those stupid mummy imps and dark imps. They sux kthx
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

I recognize the music from somewhere.... Is that from a movie soundtrack?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Yes, the KDIZD move. :laff:
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

o_O What's the KDIZD move?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”