[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDG

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Post by TDG »

So Ozymandias81, are my old computer's specs the problem?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Mere_Duke wrote:Just completed 2nd episode; it's awesome! Already want to play Ep. 3. Thanks Tormentor667 & The Team for that amazing project!
Here some easter eggs for those who finished the game! :)
Spoiler: 7 images
Also I've found some minor flaws (missing textures, 'flying' objects, etc.) so where it's the best place to post a report for them?

Spoiling the easter eggs kind of ruins their whole point of existing, don't you think?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Well... At least mere put them in the spoiler. We just can skip the whole thing unseen by not clicking it. But it's unexpected, i know.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

CeeJay wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:Just completed 2nd episode; it's awesome! Already want to play Ep. 3. Thanks Tormentor667 & The Team for that amazing project!
Here some easter eggs for those who finished the game! :)
Spoiler: 7 images
Also I've found some minor flaws (missing textures, 'flying' objects, etc.) so where it's the best place to post a report for them?

Spoiling the easter eggs kind of ruins their whole point of existing, don't you think?
OK I've deleted them, just got mad & amazed by quality & level of detail of project :)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Captain J wrote:It really looks fluid and excellent. Those HD versions of original sprite is absolutely amazing in video! But yeah, this guy knows one intentional problem; Enemies don't drop their weapons, at all. Even the worker's toolbox.
They ALWAYS drops their weapons, but only sometimes... I mean: they don't drop Nebelwerfers if they hold a Luger ;)
TDG wrote:So Ozymandias81, are my old computer's specs the problem?
It's hard to judge, we have similar specs (beside 4core, I have 2core), and I can run C2 with 30fps in quite all situations (despise the C2 intro).
I suggest to remove gzdoom.ini as I told you before, and then lower distance for models to 2048, plus remove smoke effects and stardust.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Tormentor667 wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Let's just finish C3 and after that we will plan :)
Spoiler:
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

You could open Doom Builder and make one yourself as an add-on...
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Heads up for Avast users - the latest database (170611-0, released 11/06/17) thinks the .exe is a threat and blocks/deletes it.

(only way I can get it to run is disable Avast for 10 mins and use Task Manager to stop the .exe after I've started the game)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I have no idea why Antivirus scanners do this, even MS Security Essentials thinks it's dangerious. It's just a exe'fied bat that launches gzdoom.exe -file boa_c2.pk3 ...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

That's exactly why. Bat2Exe programs are used by malware authors quite extensively, which is why anti-virus scanners simply red-flag anything that comes from them.

It's like swatting a fly with a cannon, but they seem to think this is the best way to handle that. It's not like it's really too extensive of an effort to do the same things with a C++ program. In fact, it's actually pretty easy to convert simple (no control/logic) batch files into a C++ program just using a stream of system() calls inside a main{} function and simply compile that.

If that's really all your batch file does, I'll make a program, myself, for you guys.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Launch BoA.exe.gz
EXE File (needs icon, etc, have fun)
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
launch-gzdoom.c.gz
Source Code
(121 Bytes) Downloaded 107 times
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Captain J wrote:It really looks fluid and excellent. Those HD versions of original sprite is absolutely amazing in video!
sptect

Post by sptect »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it in a search. I played Ch 1 and Ch 2 in beta form a couple of months ago, but now I've downloaded the first two completed chapters in their final form. I've seen lots of posts that say there have been many changes made to Ch 2. So I definitely plan on replaying that chapter. But are there extensive mapping changes to Ch 1 that warrant a replay? I finished the Ch 1 beta probably around January. Thanks!
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Finally picked this up after eschewing it for a while because I'm not a Wolfenstein fan.

HOLY. SHIT.

This is amazing. Absolutely gorgeous, plays like a dream, the weapons feel great, levels are intuitive but not too simple, enemies are dangerous and interesting, sound is spot-on... It's a masterpiece! I haven't been this impressed for a long time, nor have I played any one mod like this for so many hours in one sitting. Bravo, team! Bravo!

8-)
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

sptect wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it in a search. I played Ch 1 and Ch 2 in beta form a couple of months ago, but now I've downloaded the first two completed chapters in their final form. I've seen lots of posts that say there have been many changes made to Ch 2. So I definitely plan on replaying that chapter. But are there extensive mapping changes to Ch 1 that warrant a replay? I finished the Ch 1 beta probably around January. Thanks!
Yes. I can personally tell you that there were major optimizations and improvements made to those because I was one of the people testing for those changes and additions. Chapter 2 has seen an even greater overhaul, as in the last month alone it saw significant alterations. There are even maps in both chapters where the actual flow of the gameplay has been changed on a fundamental level: at least one map in chapter 1 had major parts of it's layout rearranged. On top of that, all the graphics have seen noticable improvement in he past 6 months, including HD sprites for enemies and pickups, more models, and additional map details.

The Chapter 1 release that's in this is like an HD Director's Cut of the original release. It's the same thing, conceptually, but with far more work put into it.

If you feel like the game was worth replaying as it was, you will definitely want to play it again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”