D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Blue Shadow

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 7 (06/05/2017) Akimbo Update Pt 1

Post by Blue Shadow »

DoomKrakken wrote:I thought KEYCONF was obsolete, for when it came to keybinds...
That's true when it comes to adding player classes and setting weapon slots.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Major Cooke wrote:Have you tried playing around with the scaling options?

Options -> Hud Options -> Scaling Options
I tried, they do nothing. I can just play with squashed menu. Still, I wonder why you didn't just use fullscreenoffsets.

I noticed that counters for enemies, secrets, items and time on the automap are really tiny, probably because of high resolution.
Crosshairs stay on screen while automap is open.

Also, I think SSG tracers don't change when I change tracer style in options.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I was not following this topic and I lost a lot, what is the loading order of the files now? Resources and Bleeding Edge .... ?????????

The topic's author has been banned, what's happening? :shrug:
worldendDominator

You only need to load d4d.pk3, it will load d4dresources.pk3 automatically as long as it's in the same folder.
Bleeding edge is the latest but potentially buggy version. Alpha is the stable one. You can use either of them, but not both at once.

Major Cooke got banned for 2 days over some argument, you can see it in their post history.
Gutawer
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gutawer »

While Cooke is gone, it'd be best to post any issues found in the mod on the Github Issue tracker: https://github.com/MajorCooke/Doom4Doom/issues
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

worldendDominator wrote:You only need to load d4d.pk3, it will load d4dresources.pk3 automatically as long as it's in the same folder.
Bleeding edge is the latest but potentially buggy version. Alpha is the stable one. You can use either of them, but not both at once.

Major Cooke got banned for 2 days over some argument, you can see it in their post history.
Thanks for the reply, my friend. :thumb:
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

And then I got out of prison on the grounds of good behavior. (You guys would be amazed at what happens in ZDoom's discord server.)

Anyway... So it seems the issue persists just as it did in 2.0.3, hmmm?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Blue Shadow wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:I thought KEYCONF was obsolete, for when it came to keybinds...
That's true when it comes to adding player classes and setting weapon slots.
So you're saying that we can set controls in KEYCONF and those keybinds won't interfere with anything else outside the mod if this mod isn't loaded?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Ey WorldDominator, mind posting a screenshot of what your hud looks like?

https://puu.sh/whT5R/528096b432.jpg

Also tell me what resolution you're setting it on.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

DoomKrakken wrote: So you're saying that we can set controls in KEYCONF and those keybinds won't interfere with anything else outside the mod if this mod isn't loaded?
Not really, if another mod defines the same alias, it'll be overridden depending on which is loaded last... I think.

Anyway, I just finished adding in the basic override for monster credit, crate and upgrade drop chances. If you guys want to play around with it, cool, but don't start basing any addons upon it just yet. I plan on adding inheritance and actual manual item control for things like pinatas or anything really. After all, I need to if I'm to make Rainbow Doom monsters come to life (the now renamed Colorful Hell idea).

Be warned, you will need to know a thing or two about the basics of Event Handlers!
Spoiler: For ye curious spelunkers
I plan on more coming soon. But for now, I want to turn my attention back to the akimbo system. I've taken a long enough of a break and feeling invigorated once more.
worldendDominator

Major Cooke wrote:Ey WorldDominator, mind posting a screenshot of what your hud looks like?

https://puu.sh/whT5R/528096b432.jpg

Also tell me what resolution you're setting it on.
Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/WgVbd
Resolutions are 1280x1024, 1280x960, and 1600x900.

The third screenshot also shows a glitch I've found: if I select Gauss rifle, then switch to akimbo or carrion cannon, the firing mode text stays on the screen ("Siege Mode" in the corner). It stays if I switch between akimbo and carrion, and disappears if I switch to any other weapon.
This doesn't happen with guns other than Gauss - i.e. if I select shotgun, then switch to carrion, firing mode text disappears. I didn't have multiplayer weapons on so I couldn't check, but they might also be affected by this.

Another thing I noticed is that I quite often see revenants infighting each other. Like, twice it 15 maps. This isn't normal, is it?

And there are green and orange bars under ammo counter. What do they mean?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Green represents BFG cells, red represents Chainsaw fuel cells. Since the BFG and Chainsaw are special weapons that use their own rare and limited ammo (and can't be selected from the weapon wheel in DOOM), they have their own special ammo counters.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

In D4D, there is no infighting limitations. That's normal.

Also ignore the text. It's still a work in progress, minor things like that are taking a back seat for now.
worldendDominator wrote:Still, I wonder why you didn't just use fullscreenoffsets.
I'm just gonna take this over to the status bar question thread and see if I can't get some help on this. I did a straight port of D4D's hud over from sbarinfo to zscript. So if that was a prominent problem from 2.0.3, then I'm not sure what to do. Michaelis had his reasons for doing it the way he did and... well. I just don't know, I'm too much of a noob at the whole sbarinfo crap myself.

For now, just don't use those if they really matter that much to you folks and must see the ammo/health numbers. This is blind science to me, not rocket science.

What's the difference?
- Rocket science is obviously hard and obviously towards rockets.
- Blind science, I don't know what the fuck is in front of me and I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

...Okay then, armor pinatas exploding out of every enemy... Not intended. But on the bright side, you can now play DUMP 2 again without armor factor going on a downward spiral to uselessness.
worldendDominator

I just noticed that you can shoot without ammo while akimbo.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”