Ludicrous Gibs (Universal gibbing)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Ludicrous Gibs (Universal gibbing)

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<

This is my first attempt at making an universal gibbing script. It -should- work with any monster, in any mod regardless of how it is coded(Except for boss monsters for obvious reasons).
At this time, the gibs are pretty bland, Duke Nukem-styled gibs for the sake of keeping the code clean and easy to edit, but in the future I plan on making it more messy, maybe inspired by Ketchup gore or something(I'm not actually going to use any code from it though).
There are some inherent problems with the current version, in that it relies on the A_Burst function, which destroys the actor, which means that they cannot be resurrected by archviles. And while I'm okay with that, I do realize that it kind of shits on balance, and some people might not like that. The reason I'm using A_Burst is because it spawns the amount gibs relative to the actor's size. That is, the bigger the actor, the more gibs it spawns when gibbed.
ZScript might be the solution for this conundrum, but alas, I started making this before ZScript was a thing, and I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet.
Special thanks to Beed28 for letting me steal borrow some of his code!
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ludicrous Gibs (Universal gibbing)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Looks pretty neat, I'll try this out and let you know what I think!

EDIT: NOICE! this is a pretty cool mod dude!
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

This is pretty cool. Some suggestions:

-Putting a choker on gibbs would be a good idea. Sometimes it just kills performance while the gibbs are flying. Also, gibbing an imp and having it burst into 6 eyeballs is...strange.

-Having the enemies still leave a gibbed corpse would be nice, just so there is still some bodies lying around, as would having the gibbs leave small blood splats.

I'm excited to see where this mod goes. I've been waiting a long time for something like this.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Pretty nice!

Will the gibs be the same color as the actors blood color?
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Yes. It's gonna use a modified version of nashgore, and it will have colored blood as well as blood pools(the flat sprite kind).
Okgo5555

Post by Okgo5555 »

I was looking for something almost exactly like this! Everyone's "Gore system" tries to copy brutal or ketchup and I was going out of my mind looking for something more like ROTT or Duke3d. Awesome

Return to “Gameplay Mods”