FastDoom

ZDoom LE, Pentium 133's, Windows 98, and DOS 3.1 all go here! A bygone era, of particular interest to some folks.

Re: FastDoom

Postby Darkcrafter » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 am

Nothing works with Win95 OSR2 inside a PCem machine. It only loads the titlepic and as soon as either a key was pressed or time passed the screen covers with scanlines and the app says it's over. In DOSBOX it works nicely though.
Darkcrafter

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby leileilol » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Given the platform target mainly being <66MHz 386/486 DOS machines, I don't think running FastDoom under Windows is currently supported so I wouldn't be surprised for segfaults (since even in the day, that's absolutely a thing that can happen with dos games under windows)...
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby leileilol » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Viti95 released 0.8 today, has more optimizations, BFG edition support, a new setup program, text mode/CGA support, among other things.

...yes text mode like those elven games
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Redneckerz » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 am

leileilol wrote:Viti95 released 0.8 today, has more optimizations, BFG edition support, a new setup program, text mode/CGA support, among other things.

...yes text mode like those elven games

Thanks Lei. Nice to know it is out. Will update wiki accordingly, also with 0.7.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Legacy Discussion