New repo for old ZDoom versions [2.1.8 CL release]

ZDoom LE, Pentium 133's, Windows 98, and DOS 3.1 all go here! A bygone era, of particular interest to some folks.

Re: New repo for old ZDoom versions [2.1.8 CL release]

Postby drfrag » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 pm

But why do you think they are that different? For me it's pretty much the same but for another version. I did not merge a GL renderer initially for 1.4 and then i reverted some things after the last release i believe.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:22 pm

drfrag wrote:But why do you think they are that different? For me it's pretty much the same but for another version. I did not merge a GL renderer initially for 1.4 and then i reverted some things after the last release i believe.

You listed the changes yourself and then said that you were going to retain the ZDoom CL name. Which is a strange thing to say if they aren't that different.

I mean i have far less of an issue with this in CL because its an edge case port, but the idea that this will also occur in a port with far greater visibility is a natural point of discussion :) But that's a topic for another day.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby drfrag » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 pm

But which changes? Between 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 CL? Between 2.1.4 and 2.1.4a CL? Or between both CL versions? :?
If i were to release another one it would also be CL. The concept is the same, but 2.1.4 and 2.1.7 were not that different to begin with anyway.
IMO both classic versions are very similar, this one is cleaner and better.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: New repo for old ZDoom versions

Postby Redneckerz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:12 am

drfrag wrote:Edit: removed.

Well, that's great. The link is removed. I suppose i should now relegate to the 2.1.8 CL release or?
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Postby drfrag » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:34 am

Of course, that link was up only for a few days. It works well, i miss some automap enhancements but the missing cheats actually make things more interesting: no more kill spidermastermind, kill cyberdemon... :) NOVA 3 is turning into a slaughterfest on later levels.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Postby Redneckerz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm

drfrag wrote:Of course, that link was up only for a few days. It works well, i miss some automap enhancements but the missing cheats actually make things more interesting: no more kill spidermastermind, kill cyberdemon... :) NOVA 3 is turning into a slaughterfest on later levels.

I mean, if i was ought to test them without knowing that link would be gone within a few days, i would have dedicated more time to this.

Oh well, now i had time to do a rampant DoomWiki session on several new articles, so all is well within the universe. :wink:
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Previous

Return to Legacy Discussion