What's the minimum that Tei Tenga ('99 zd wad) might run on?

ZDoom LE, Pentium 133's, Windows 98, and DOS 3.1 all go here! A bygone era, of particular interest to some folks.
invictius

What's the minimum that Tei Tenga ('99 zd wad) might run on?

Post by invictius »

Apparently it uses a lot of the features that were available at the time. I tried it on zdoom dos with dosbox which didn't go well... however on an actual pc emulator it ran fine even with the cpu down to about 133mhz (might have been 300, I don't know if the emu truly supports on the fly cpu speed change)

I do have various systems to try it on although accessing them takes great effort atm, I'm sure someone will drop in here and tell me the various reasons what would be the requirements and why.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: What's the minimum that Tei Tenga ('99 zd wad) might run

Post by Graf Zahl »

Why should people know? I never ran it on such lowly hardware. All I can tell you that on the system I had in 2001 it ran without problems, but that was a lot better than was common in 1999.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Just check https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDoom_version_history
But it's 1.17c. Those old versions with MIDAS were faster and could be run even on a 486 AFAIK but they were buggy as hell and crashed from time to time. Specially the old ZDoomGL crashed a lot. You could try with pcem and several cpus.
Back in the day 2.0.63a was very popular and i played it a lot on my pentium 133 but in lowres. Earlier i think i played with Doom Legacy.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Invictus - these topics are really beginning to be a bit much. If you are playing on such legacy systems, there's nothing here that you can't answer on your own.

Return to “Legacy Discussion”