[Fixed] Weird occurences

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Postby HotWax » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:58 pm

Use3d wrote:Having text problems with dehacked patches in 2.0.52. Patches with custom level names on the map aren't changing and intermission text is also unchanged. Other text isn't affected, like item pickup messages. This worked fine in 2.0.41 (I was using this until I updated ;).

Let me help you out there...

Click here >>>Image<<<
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Anonymous » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:28 pm

How the heck do you get 'discs of repulsion' in Doom?

This doesn't seem possible!!!!
Anonymous

Postby HotWax » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Patriot1776 wrote:How the heck do you get 'discs of repulsion' in Doom?

This doesn't seem possible!!!!

Something like "Summon ArtiDisc" I'd guess.
HotWax

Postby Nanami » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:00 am

If you add the sprites to the wad and then either use a script or a summon command to add "ArtiBlastRadius," you can use it. ZooM has the disc of repulsion in it. It's pretty fun.
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby randi » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:45 pm

Use3d wrote:Having text problems with dehacked patches in 2.0.52. Patches with custom level names on the map aren't changing and intermission text is also unchanged.

Fixed. Now what were the other bugs reported in this topic, again?
randi
Site Admin

Postby Cyb » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:04 am

HotWax wrote:Actually you just reminded me of a special case coded in which prevents ANY monsters from getting mad at an archvile. So I guess there are two enemies, heh.

actually if I recall correctly when an arch-vile attacks another monster it's actually it's flame thing doing the attacking, so if whoever it's attacking does get pissed it will get mad at what's attacking it, which would be the flame, and since the flame goes away (dies) a second later, then the hurt monster thinks it has triumphed and the archie can continue pounding away at him unscathed
Cyb

Postby HotWax » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:06 am

Cyb wrote:
HotWax wrote:Actually you just reminded me of a special case coded in which prevents ANY monsters from getting mad at an archvile. So I guess there are two enemies, heh.

actually if I recall correctly when an arch-vile attacks another monster it's actually it's flame thing doing the attacking, so if whoever it's attacking does get pissed it will get mad at what's attacking it, which would be the flame, and since the flame goes away (dies) a second later, then the hurt monster thinks it has triumphed and the archie can continue pounding away at him unscathed

Possibly, but other monsters use projectile attacks and the target has no trouble tracing that back to its source. :)
HotWax

Postby randi » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:10 pm

To quote the original Doom source code:
Code: Select allExpand view
    if ( (!target->threshold || target->type == MT_VILE)
    && source && source != target
    && source->type != MT_VILE)
    {
   // if not intent on another player,
   // chase after this one
   target->target = source;
   target->threshold = BASETHRESHOLD;
   if (target->state == &states[target->info->spawnstate]
       && target->info->seestate != S_NULL)
       P_SetMobjState (target, target->info->seestate);
    }

What that means is that when the Archvile is the target of an attack, it will always retaliate, and if the Archvile is the attacker (the source), the victim will never retaliate against it.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Cyb » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:36 pm

steve: well I was actually under the impression that the arch vile flame was more of a monster than a projectile that was spawned over the target, but going by the source randy just posted (which I never bothered to check on myself, doh) that's not correct anyways. double doh
Cyb

Previous

Return to Closed Bugs