[GZD 4.8.1] - Issue with actors and the flag +FLOATBOB

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
FFFF-RRRR

[GZD 4.8.1] - Issue with actors and the flag +FLOATBOB

Post by FFFF-RRRR »

Hello!
I have encountered a strange behavior after upgrading from GZDoom 4.5.0 to 4.8.1.

Items in my project have the +FLOATBOB flag set, and when I run the game with 4.8.1, they bob into the ground, see here.
This is what it looks like when I run the same game / same map with 4.5.0.

I have changed the "Adjust Sprite Clipping" option under "Display Options" -> "Hardware Renderer" to different values but it did not make a difference. Both versions have it set to "smart".

This is what every one of my items derives from:
Spoiler:
This is the code for the item on the right (see the gifs):
Spoiler:
Am I missing an option that needs to be set? Or is the old floatbob-behavior not intended?
Please tell me if you need more info. Thank you!
phantombeta
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [GZD 4.8.1] - Issue with actors and the flag +FLOATBOB

Post by phantombeta »

Hmmm. IIRC, the "old" FLOATBOB behaviour there was a fair deal glitchy- the sprite would try to go under the ground, but then get stuck, and if it went down far enough it'd pop to the correct place it wanted to be at suddenly. It always seemed like an incorrect interaction between FLOATBOB and the sprite clipping. IMO this seems more correct, but I can't confirm whether it's intentional or not.
FFFF-RRRR

Re: [GZD 4.8.1] - Issue with actors and the flag +FLOATBOB

Post by FFFF-RRRR »

Huh. Played around with the offests a bit and found what you said about the sprites popping around.

If it turns out to be intentional / preferred I'll have to work without it. Thanks!

Return to “Closed Bugs”