[Not GZDoom] KDiZD-Lite's "Divide by zero in script 13" bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

KDiZD-Lite's "Divide by zero in script 13" bug

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:21 am

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Recently, I felt like replaying Knee-Deep in ZDoom Lite, the excellent mod-friendly version of the legendary Knee-Deep in ZDoom mapset.

However, I seem to be stuck in the intermission screen; unlike the vanilla Doom intermission screen, it requires manually selecting "Skip sequence" to proceed further, but alas, pressing the 'Use' key does nothing by display the error message Divide by zero in script 13. This has never happened to me before and I almost exclusively play Doom with GZDoom, so I presume the latest version of GZDoom must be the cause.

What can I do to address this issue, other than typing "changemap [next map]" in the console every time?

Thanks in advance!
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: KDiZD-Lite's "Divide by zero in script 13" bug

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 pm

Are you playing this by any chance with a mod that counts no monsters or items? The script cannot handle that case, it assumes these values are not 0.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Oh, you are right! I tried playing the mapset with vanilla Doom and everything went fine.

I do use Final Doomer+ as a gameplay mod. It seems to be the cause of the problem, although if I launch it with KDiZD-Lite alone (no other sound or graphic mods), I do not appear to get any "divide by zero in script 13" error messages. Odd.

Anything I can do to fix it?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:34 am

Not really. It is a bug in the intermission script of KDiZD, so the only option is to fix and recompile it.
Graf Zahl

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:49 pm

What do you mean by that?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:57 pm

The intermission script does not account for 0 countable items/kills and divides by that 0 when some external mod makes all items not count.
If you want this to work you have to edit that script and recompile it with ACC.
Graf Zahl

Return to Closed Bugs