Stat screens no longer play scope? [336c45a]

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
AFADoomer

Stat screens no longer play scope? [336c45a]

Post by AFADoomer »

Maybe not a bug, but intended design... Since commit 336c45a, stat screens now run in ui scope instead of play scope (despite the line at the top of statscreen.zs that still states "Note that the status screen needs to run in 'play' scope!").

This makes previously trivial actions like giving the player a reward inventory item or adding score points for hitting completion percentages obnoxiously complicated.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Stat screens no longer play scope? [336c45a]

Post by Graf Zahl »

Well, I'm afraid but this turned out to be a major blocker for refactoring the intermission code. The old one had to run in play scope because it needed access to the network state. The new code runs entirely in UI scope and only syncs with the game right at the end, after all screens have run. This setup no longer allows running play stuff in there.

I was well aware that this may break a small number of mods doing weird things but in this case the price to pay for these mods would be being locked into a poorly designed and non-extensible intermission system for all eternity.
AFADoomer

Re: Stat screens no longer play scope? [336c45a]

Post by AFADoomer »

I assumed as much... No worries.

Thanks for clarification!

EDIT: Except that I have to completely rework things since network events get ignored if the game isn't in gamestate of GS_LEVEL... So I can't just use a network event to trigger the bonus item to be added.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”