[Closed] Bug in MAP07 of Not Even Remotely Fair

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

Bug in MAP07 of Not Even Remotely Fair

Postby Kinsie » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:36 pm

Copy-pasting TummyFish's report over from the Discord for visibility's sake: Apparently MAP07 of Not Even Remotely Fair - a recent limit-removing vanilla mapset built around Nightmare difficulty - has a bug in GZDoom where monsters respawn asleep in their monster closets instead of attacking the player. The reporter thinks that this is either due to a sound propagation issue or due to some oversight in Nightmare respawning that nobody previously noticed because really, who plays Nightmare skill?
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Bug in MAP07 of Not Even Remotely Fair

Postby InsanityBringer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 pm

When an object is respawned, a new object is created which doesn't have a target, in vanilla they'll usually instantly retarget due to the old soundtarget handling, and indeed setting the compat option to restore vanilla's soundtarget handling seems to fix this particular problem. Compatibility options could be set for these maps to make them work, but something inside me wonders if maybe respawned monsters should have their old target transferred over.
InsanityBringer

Discord: InsanityBringer#9908

Re: Bug in MAP07 of Not Even Remotely Fair

Postby Kinsie » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:46 pm

TummyFish wrote:nah, I'm dumb. I had the wrong compat settings but I thought I did.
trying again and its working
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Return to Closed Bugs