Texture lines with distorted effects don't render properly

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Iajada

Texture lines with distorted effects don't render properly

Post by Iajada »

Hello !

I am playing some mods that are GZDOOM compatible, and I found a texture rendering bug that was not present in the previous versions of GZDOOM I used before (3.7.1 and 4.3.3). I also quickly tried with version 4.6.1, no issues. So it appeared at version 4.7.0.

In the hub map of Skulldash v1.10 extended edition, there is a series of translucent lines (action 208 : Translucent line) that have a distorsion effect (linedef 26791 and the other linedefs behind) to simulate a hell portal. The texture seems to not be replicated at the top and the bottom of the linedefs, creating holes there.

On gzdoom 4.7.1 (and 4.7.0) :
Skulldash portal gzdoom 4.7.1.jpg
On gzdoom 4.6.1 or older :
Skulldash portal gzdoom 3.7.1.jpg
There is the same issue when rendering distorted textures like liquids with 3d floors, here in Golden Souls 2 map 42 (action 160 : Sector Set 3d Floor, linedefs of sector 559) :
Golden souls 2 liquids gzdoom 4.7.1.jpg
What is strange is that in this map, some green liquids are rendered propoerly, and others not. It may be related to the sector's height.

I changed several parameters in the options (hardware and texture options), I also reset all the parameters to default, or downloaded the zip files again, nothing changed. It happens when playing on OPENGL, OPENGL ES and Vulkan renderers on Hardware mode. The software mode seems to be OK.

I searched in the Zdoom forum if this kind of issue is already in a topic, but didn't find anything.

It's my first post, I hope I didn't break the rules !
Enjay

Re: Texture lines with distorted effects don't render proper

Post by Enjay »

Same as this I suspect: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74035&p=1207287
Iajada

Re: Texture lines with distorted effects don't render proper

Post by Iajada »

Ah yes, it's exactly what I encountered, I didn't search midtex topics. Thank you !

I will wait for a reply on your topic.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”