[Closed] GZdoom 4.7.1 crashes with Adobe Acrobat in background

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

GZdoom 4.7.1 crashes with Adobe Acrobat in background

Postby Caleb13 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:23 am

It's probably not GZdoom's fault, but over the last week, I encountered several crashes when I had Adobe Acrobat running in the background. Specifically, it's Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (version 11.0.23) and it was performing OCR on very large scanned documents. Coincidentally, I was playing Astroverse mod over the same week, so maybe it's the mod and not Acrobat. Either case, I'm attaching the crash dump, maybe you'll glean something out of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caleb13
Death will not be your end; your soul will burn in Hell forever!

Re: GZdoom 4.7.1 crashes with Adobe Acrobat in background

Postby Caleb13 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:37 am

I now encountered two crashes in Astroverse MAP29 at the same playtime, here is another dump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caleb13

Postby Graf Zahl » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:32 am

Creashes in the graphics driver, presumably due to some out of memory condition caused by another app hogging too much RAM.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Caleb13 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:58 am

Thanks for the info. Low memory wasn't the problem, I had about 20 GB free when the crashes occured. I have high-performance (3200 MHz/CL14) memory and it turned out it doesn't work well with with newest mainbaorad BIOS. I had to upgrade the BIOS about a month ago, because Win10 refused to install the 21H1 version with the old one. Curiously, MemTest86 didn't find any memory errors back then, but detected some right after start now. I had to loosen memory timing to eliminate them. Oh well, it's the price for "progress", I guess.
Caleb13

Return to Closed Bugs