[Not a bug] TeleportGroup bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

TeleportGroup bug

Postby 4MaTC » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:21 am

Hello!

I've encountered this bug while experimenting with teleportgroup action.

The problem is: when group of monsters gets teleported from source (unconnected to destination) sector they are aware (alerted) of player if player shot in this sector before using teleportgroup; even if there is no line of sight.

In version 4.6 it works as intended, in versions 4.7 and 4.8 this bug repeats.

Also, maybe you are aware of bug, that if teleport fog is true then actor angle keeps resetting to 0, but if fog is false then actor angle is unchanged.

So, i've made my own acs script (inside the wad) that uses SetActorPosition, instead of TeleportGroup, fog-angle problem is gone, but they keep teleporting awake if you shot in destination sector.

Replaces
MAP01.wad
udm format
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4MaTC

Discord: 4MaTC#3436

Re: TeleportGroup bug

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 am

Works fine for me. Have you by any chance changed the compatibility preset to something more 'classic'?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby 4MaTC » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:08 am

Just deleted the *.ini file and now it works. And i feel dumb now...
But i can swear there was an issue i discribed, i wouldn't waste my whole day making new script, searching for the problem, reading wiki, before posting here. And comp option was "default".

Sorry for false alarm then, i guess.
4MaTC

Discord: 4MaTC#3436

Postby Enjay » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:09 am

Works for me too. I start a game, fire my pistol, walk into the square, the imps appear and just stand facing the corners until I do something that will wake them up (e.g. fire again).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 am

Considering that deleting the INI helped I am fairly certain it was the monster alert compatibility option that caused it.

In original Doom monsters alert sectors, not actors. and if a monster is in an alerted sector it'll wake up. And sectors never lose their alert status.
Graf Zahl

Return to Closed Bugs