[Fixed] additional parameters spam

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

additional parameters spam

Postby rtpharry » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 am

I'm running gzDoom 4.5.0 on a MacBook Pro.

Since I upgraded to the latest version I've been getting spam inside the additional parameters field (see attached image).

At first I hoped it was maybe a feature. It was easy to make a .bat file on windows, but I'm not sure about doing that on the mac, especially when its either a pinned icon in the tray or launched via spotlight search. It would be great if the last parameters could be remembered. It would be even greater if the launcher supported a "save preset" button to save the string as quickly accessible parameter.

But I guess this isn't the place for that.

What happens instead though is that the parameters from the previous launch are remembered and appended onto the end of the additional parameters box, but without any of the path contents, only the flags are remembered. At the moment its just -file everywhere but if I'm playing a mod with deh files then it will scoop those up as well, into the system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rtpharry

Re: additional parameters spam

Postby _mental_ » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:45 am

Fixed.

As a temporary workaround, you can replace double quotes with single quotes by hand.
_mental_

Postby axredneck » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:12 am

It would be great if the last parameters could be remembered. It would be even greater if the launcher supported a "save preset" button to save the string as quickly accessible parameter.

Usually launchers are used for this purpose, but i'm unsure if any of them support MacOS.
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English

Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:42 am

I'd actually really like to add the command line to Windows as well, but what bothers me here is that it needs to restart the application, which makes debugging with this feature impossible.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby _mental_ » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:08 am

If we are talking about Visual Studio, it's possible to debug child processes easily with this extension.
Even if you don't like third-party plugins, you can temporary add MessageBox() call at the beginning of WinMain() function in order to attach to a child process as early as possible.
_mental_

Postby Rachael » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:10 am

Graf Zahl wrote:I'd actually really like to add the command line to Windows as well, but what bothers me here is that it needs to restart the application, which makes debugging with this feature impossible.

I thought that the command line is already abstracted for the purposes of the "restart" ccmd? That shouldn't be too hard to add to here as well without creating a new process right?
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:45 am

It's not that easy. I already tried that but some arguments get evaluated before the dialog pops up so adding them would be too late.
Graf Zahl

Postby rtpharry » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:32 am

_mental_ wrote:Fixed.

As a temporary workaround, you can replace double quotes with single quotes by hand.

Thanks! I swapped it out for single quotes and its remembering the last launch settings each time now :)
rtpharry

Return to Closed Bugs