[User error] Hexen mod duplicating item pickups

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Hexen mod duplicating item pickups

Postby Woolie Wool » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:28 pm

I have started work on a Hexen mod to serve as a basis for a future Hexen hub, but I have run into a problem: for no reason that I can tell, picking up inventory items can cause the player to pick up several of that item instead of one, or even have duplicates of the same item class in different slots on the inventory bar! I have included a vanilla map-compatible testing version of my mod (based on Lippeth's Tempered Arms with modifications) as a download, and this bug can be easily duplicated by simply playing through the first level of Deathkings of the Dark Citadel as the fighter. Picking up the quartz flask while going up the stairs from the start will give you 7 quartz flasks. The porkalator at the bottom of the well will likewise give you 7 porkalators. I have even isolated the custom quartz flask (the porkalator remains vanilla) in its own wad for testing, and it did not give me this item count problem.

Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5rwzlr
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hexen mod duplicating item pickups

Postby Graf Zahl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:46 am

That bug is entirely on your side. Your HecBlueMana and HecGreenMana classes mess around with the item's amount without properly checking its type because your 'ammoitem != null' check is too late.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Return to Closed Bugs