[Fixed] Inventory bug (kind of)

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Inventory bug (kind of)

Postby Enjay » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:48 pm

This really isn't one to lose sleep over, but I spotted it. Not really sure if it is even a bug as such, but here you go.

If you are using a Heretic/Hexen inventory item in Doom (I was using the Hexen flechettes again) whilst you have an item, it hides the doomguy face (as it should). When all the items are used up, the picture returns to the face (again, as it should). However, the trigger for returning to the face seems to be the fact that the face is animated, and the return to the face happens when the face moves. If you are in god mode, the face is no longer animated, so the status bar continues to show whichever item was in the inventory, even after all the items have been used up.

Like I said, no biggie, but it's there.

Related to status bar stuff - I noticed if you go to HUD mode (just icons and numbers in the screen corners) whichever item is in focus in the inventory in Doom is shown as part of the HUD (fine, good idea, makes sense). However, if it is not already being done this way, can I request that this is also hidden if the MAPINFO command to disable the inventory bar in Doom mode is being used.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby randi » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:45 pm

Fixed the face in the status bar. Your last concern was something I already thought of, so no need to worry there.
randi
Site Admin

Return to Closed Bugs