[Closed] Small blood decals occasionally show up as full scale

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Small blood decals occasionally show up as full scale

Postby cubebert » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 pm

I'm running a stable build of GZDoom 4.4.2 and I've noticed that very now and then, blood decals that have a small x-scale and y-scale defined by DECALDEF will appear much larger then they should be. I can't give you the wad demonstrating this because it's a large file, but I'll provide a screenshot and a portion of the code that should help with understanding what I'm talking about. I'm using an OpenGL hardware renderer if that helps with anything. For reference, I'm playing Guncaster Vindicated 3.3.5 with a pk3 file I've made myself that adds different blood decals.

The code in question comes from the DECALDEF file in my pk3 file, this is just a portion of the file that I think covers the picture:
Spoiler:

As a note, the blood decal that grows larger then expected seems to be colored differently than the defined shade. You can't really see it in the image, but I've had large decals that display a more red shade compared to the other smaller decals surrounding it.
cubebert

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Small blood decals occasionally show up as full scale

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 am

Please provide a testable example. This isn't set up at all for use.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby cubebert » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Sorry it took a couple of days to reply, but I'll be happy to share the file. The file itself contains the decals only as my personal addon for GCV also included a couple of items. If there aren't any results and you want to delve into the issue further, I'll include more of the addon. When I tested this out on regular Doom for a few minutes, the decals didn't seem to have the issue, so it's possible that it's a GCV-exclusive issue on my end.

Link
cubebert

Postby cubebert » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:51 pm

I've tested this for a few days now and I think this issue is GCV-exclusive. If there's any moderators reading this, I think you can go ahead and move this to the Closed Bugs forum because I can't seem to reproduce this outside of GCV.
cubebert

Return to Closed Bugs