[Fixed] libOPN issues

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

libOPN issues

Postby demick12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:08 pm

]Hi. I am someone new to this forum, but not new to DOOM/ZDOOM/GZDOOM. Anyway, Thank you thank you THANK YOOOOUUU for the ability to add OPL and OPN patches to DOOM! Coolest stuff around!

The OPL patcheset I made works just fine! Sounds awesome and everything.

I had made a modified OPN patchset using the proper OPN MIDI patch creator (just like the OPL one except for OPN goodness). The OPL patchses I made worked in GZDOOM, but the OPN patchsets did not; there was NO CHANGE in the instrument patches in their sound like I modified them to be. I had done the drums and everything, but nothing.

I had turned on custom patchesets for OPN, and tried the ones I made. Yes, I used a whole set and not just a few separate patches - in fact, I used a supplied patchset as my basis for it like I did for the OPL one, making it try to sound more robust than normal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
demick12

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: libOPN issues

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:16 am

Hello! :)

That looks like a bug at GZDoom/ZMusic side which makes no way to load custom banks. I fixed that bug recently together with the upgrade of libADLMIDI and libOPNMIDI I was sent.

The fix itself: https://github.com/coelckers/ZMusic/com ... 78c4e009fa

I think, you need to try the latest state of the game or wait for the next release to see the changes.
Wohlstand
lib[ADL&OPN]MIDI Developer

Discord: Wohlstand#4881
Github ID: Wohlstand
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Closed Bugs