recent Windows 32-bit devbuilds crash/hang on exit

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: recent Windows 32-bit devbuilds crash/hang on exit

Post by Graf Zahl »

The biggest issue with ucrt would be that it wouldn't run on the systems of certain upgrade.resistant users. As long as it solely uses the ucrt and not the compiler's own runtime it should be fine, though as ucrt is considered a system component.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Chris wrote:
Rachael wrote:As for cross-compiling from Linux, AppVeyor provides artifacts from Visual Studio builds and those can be used to distribute a release if needed.
Do you happen to have any clear information or tutorials on doing this? I've been playing around with CPack, and have a few projects that could benefit from development binaries, but the info on doing all this is pretty sparse, and I'd like to get a clear straight-forward tutorial before I start poking around the appveyor script with what I've been able to gleam on the topic.
I do not have any tutorials. I can, however, give you a starting point to begin your investigation with this.

GZDoom uses AppVeyor for its main build, and its script can be found here. (Credits to _mental_) (Full docs can be found here)

This sets up several configurations that are usable. As far as I know AppVeyor only supports Visual Studio, so if you wanted to do something similar for Linux or MinGW you'd have to do either Travis CI or Github CI.

Anyway, let's pretend you've gone through the setup process and authorized your Github account with AppVeyor and linked the repository and signed it up for CI. When you look at the commit log on Github, you'll notice a green checkmark beside each commit. Clicking it brings up a popup that shows the commit status for both AppVeyor and Travis. Opening the AppVeyor details for one of the commits, you'll see all the configurations it was built with. For this example, I'll select the x64 Release configuration. I can then click on "Artifacts" and it provides me a GZDoom.zip - this contains the files that were built in the build job using Visual Studio.

If you push a tag, it's just like pushing a branch, and AppVeyor builds those just the same. You'll get an artifact afterward. If you're doing a release though you may want to push the tag first, that way you don't have to wait as long for AppVeyor to build your tag.

If you have any further questions, I know _mental_ knows a lot more about this than I do, but I can help where I can because I did use his setup on my own repositories as well.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

As your repository already has AppVeyor configured, just add something like this.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”